Chapter 6

Eww. I hate this chapter but it needed to be written to officially complete the "getting to know " part of the characters.

"No! Definitely not!" I shake my head and hop off the bed , putting enough distance between Vincent and I.
"There is no way I'm sharing a bed with you ." I refuse and cross my arms over my chest.

Vincent grins and loosens the tie around his neck . "Oh but you have no choice in the matter ."he taunts and drops down on the other side of the bed , facing away from me as he tosses his tie aside ."There is only one bed and I am not paying for another room just for one night."

Is he really using money as an excuse ? He's rich!

"Then let me go back to my dorm!"I yell in frustration. "This is practically kidnapping!" I exclaim .

Vincent turns his head to look back at me "Believe me , Love. You are in a far more better situation than if you were being kidnapped ."he says seriously , making the atmosphere in the room tense with his serious tone.

I decide to stop talking once I notice the playful demeanor of Vincent vanish as he kicks his leather shoes off and falls back in the bed ,nuzzling the big fluffy pillows.

I can't stand this tension .
Maybe if I change the subject things wouldn't be so tense. 

I slowly make my way over to the bed and gently sit on the edge  ,far away from a tired Vincent.

"Why is it that you married Amariah if you don't love her ?" I ask .

This question has been on my mind ever since this morning .

Surely there is a logical explanation for the odd pairing.

Childhood love ? Do they have a love child?

"If I tell you , you'll despise me . "He grunts into the pillow ,burying his face deeper into the fabric." And I'm not in the mood for your nagging ."

I send him a quick glare before lifting my legs on the bed , taking advantage of his sleepy mood. "I wont despise or nag you . I promise ."I say gently . The switch from serious to childish makes me feel like I have to be careful with him. As if being any less gentle would tick him off.

Vincent sighs and pulls his legs into his chest , his tight trousers restricting his movement.  That can't be comfortable. 

"I married her for her money. "

What?

"Aren't you wealthier than her?"I ask in confusion.

Vincent groans and sits up ,his hair messy and disheveled with an annoyed look on his face. "At the time I didn't have money and she felt like rebelling against her wealthy father and decided to marry a poor man . Soon I used her money to start my painting career and she fell in love with me when I started getting recognition . I absolutely despise her and her family . Now let me sleep ."he forces out and lays back down after turning to face away from me .

Wow . That's a lot to take in.

Poor Amariah . Married to a man who doesn't love her ? Although I hate her,  it's still cruel. I can't imagine how she must feel . However I dont despise Vincent for it . He was being used himself and Amariah only genuinely started loving him when he became successful.  In a way , both were victimized. 

I stare at the back of Vincent's head and realize the predicament I'm in.  I'm forced to be around him and threatened with abuse yet ... I somehow find his presence entertaining when he isn't being ...abusive.

I wonder if he's harmed Amariah? Is it just me ? What did I do to make him want to destroy my life like this?

I was a normal student two days ago...
It's as if I have no control over myself or my life . How did everything spiral this quickly ? Will I ever be let go?