Chapter 7

The honking of passing cars puts my nerves on edge . All the loud noises of the city is becoming too overwhelming for me .

"-and then we'll stop by the studio ."Vincent explains to Dorothy who nods and begins writing down today's schedule on her small notepad , her body hunched over and stiff as her pen flies across the page .

I watch as sweat runs down the side of her face, wetting the little pieces of hair that escaped from her tight ponytail .

She's a fairly attractive woman . The look of stress permanently etched onto her face distracts you from her true appearance. I wonder if she knows how beautiful she actually is .

"Dorothy?" I call and her head immediately snaps up to look at me , her eyes staring at me with a look of worry in them .

"Yes Miss Rowell ?"she asks ,her eyes darting to the book in her hands in urgency to continue writing.

"You are quite pretty , did you know?"I smile at her . Her face immediately relaxes from stress to confusion before turning bright red.

A small smile tugs on her lips as she gazes at the window next to me. "I don't . Thank you. "She whispers and slowly sets her pen down .

"Enough flirting with my assistant, Love . She isn't for you."Vincent chuckles and rests his head on the window as he gazes out into the busy world outside the car.

After the whole incident yesterday afternoon , Vincent and I both fell asleep without realizing, only to wake up in the morning to Dorothy banging on the door .

The fight was quite exhausting , for both of us apparently.

We didn't speak of the incident again . Almost as if it never happened in the first place. The problem with that is I still remember Amariah's hands around my neck and the increasing burning in my throat as her tear-stained face burns into my brain.

Let's hope that was the last time I almost die by a Fantomhive's hand. It's not supposed to be normal for people to choke you .

"Where are we going now?"I ask as I watch people go on about their day as we pass by .

"We'll be getting dropped off quite near here actually . We'll be attending a festival ."Vincent grins and pulls out his white mask -which he was wearing the afternoon I first met him - and slip it over his head to adjust it to fit right.

Him being a celebrity requires him to be in disguise when out in public . Once someone spots him , he'll be bombarded with people.

Vincent then digs in his travel bag again only to pull out another white mask . I frown as he holds it out towards me . "People know who you are now Love . They'll put two- and-two together. "He chuckles.

I take it from his gloved hand and stare down at the feminine facial features painted on the plaster .
His mask has a more masculine expression with sharp lines whilst mine has more curved lines and a pair of ruby lips.

With a sigh I slip the mask over my head and feel the cold material against my face .

"Here we are ,sir ."Dorothy announces as the car comes to a halt .

"Don't forget to pay the driver."Vincent says darkly as he open his door and climbs out the car .
I do the same and quickly run around the car to rejoin him.

Vincent holds his arm out for me to take and I do just that as he leads me down the busy road with shop keepers yelling and passing strangers coughing into their hands .

"I want you to remember what I'm capable of before we arrive ."Vincent whispers in my ear .

I look up and slowly nod at him, remembering how dangerous he is . His wealth doesn't make it easier on me.