~2~

*unedited*

The day of Estelle's Winter break came fast for her and her mothers letter informing her of her new ability to use the floo network to travel home like the other came at breakfast the last day of lessons in Beauxbatons school of magic.

Dear Estelle,

Me and your Father both hope your first term as a 3rd year has been enjoyable. James is beyond excited to see you as his school finished for christmas break a week before yours hence he has been moping around the house waiting to share the news we have with you. We have been wondering why it is you haven't written to the house elves as you normally do but do not fret dear child as they haven't dwelled upon it and you will still probably be getting more christmas pudding than the rest of us! Always the house elves favourite, you. Anyway your father and I have made the decision that this term ends. You are to use the floo network to travel home from school. We have informed the headtecaher madame juliette and this is no problem. We would like you to travel home promptly at 9:30 tomorrow no reply to this letter is needed.

Safe travels, love mum

Before mum takes this off me, me and dad would also like to say safe travels and love you too, james and dad :)

Estelle found herself chuckling at the letter she'd received from her family. While eating her porridge she imagined in her head what the news could be. Her first thought was that her mum could be pregnant but then she questioned why James of all people would be excited to tell her the news. If anyone would be excited to share the news of a new baby it would be dad. She imagined how bubbly he gets when he tells the children exciting news that isn't even shocking so imagine him and a new baby. Not wanting to get her hopes up she dismissed any
thoughts of the 'news' and carried on to her first lesson of the day. An unnecessarily long lesson of charms.

Beauxbatons had done their end of term exams the week before leaving this week pointless and all of the lessons became lessons that were supposed to be 'fun' they played muggle games mostly words games. Supposed to be easy but for the english girl having french as her second language made it confusing and she often found herself sitting out rather than running the risk of stumbling over her words in front of the entire year. This lesson however as the last of the term was spent making a charms chain with a feather.

The class was split into groups of 7 each group was given a feather and they had to go down a line choosing their favourite charm and the most impressive group at the end who managed to perform the best charms and not drop or lose the feather got a prize. By the end of the lesson Estelle's group came second and their sequence contained:

Colovaria (colour change charm)

Concealment charm

Reveal charm

Acacio (summoning charm)

Diminuendo (shrinking charm)

Enlarging charm

Incindio (fire-setting charm)

The rest of her day consisted of sitting in the backgrounds of classes and pretending to be paying attention to them. Until that last bell when she practically ran her way through the halls to her room to pack and be ready to go home for tomorrow.

She skipped dinner after being too tired to attend and fell straight into a dreamless sleep. She was awoken by a loud obnoxious knocking on her door.

"Estelle Potter you have 15 minutes before you are expected in the fireplace of the Potter Manor I suggest you hurry up" Madame Juliette shouted from the door snapping Estelle out of her zen. She replied politely and rushed to get ready, brush her teeth and pack the rest of her things leaving her to run around the school to the headmaster's office charming her bags to follow her.

"You are just on time Miss Potter she" she heard as she walked into the office being offered floo powder. Grabbing some she said "potter manor house england" clearly before walking through the fireplace and into her own home. Floo travelling didn't feel how Estelle had expected after landing in her living room she felt distorted and needed a minute to calm her senses down before greeting the family how she had been taught in her etiquette classes at school that she had started.

"Hello Mother, Father," She smiled politely looking for James who had just walked in, Dark hair messy and in a jumper and jeans. He took a second before noticing his sister in the baby blue Beauxbatons uniform they are required to travel both to and from the school in. Upon noticing his sister James ran towards her like a teenage girl and engulfed her in a hug. Gasping for breath when she was released from the tight embrace she greeted James.

"Hello brother how have you been?" She asked gently voice cracking slightly at the amount of emotions she was feeling after missing her brother and family for so long knowing this would only be for a week and then she would be tossed back to France, broke her heart and brought tears to her eyes.

"So good Essie now you're back," He paused, She noticed he looked as if he was asking their parents for something with his eyes. " and it will be even better when you are at Hogwarts with me........Essie are you okay?" Estelle had a clear look of confusion on her face about what he was talking about. She had discussed it only in the summer that her mother loved the idea of Beauxbatons being her schooling place and Estelle remembered specifically not arguing with her about it or showing any sign she didn't want to be going to Beauxbatons until she was 18.

" um James what do you mean at hogwarts... I don't go to Hogwarts look at my uniform you blithering idiot," She said drawing a laugh from everyone.

"Oh dear sissy Mother and Father informed me only the week before this that you would be joining me at school after the February half term," This took a second to register in Estelle's brain before she made the same excited screech they had heard from her brother the week before.

" really? Truly you are letting me go to Hogwarts with James... Thank you thank you thank you mum and dad" she smiles cheer lacing and weaving its way through each word. She ran hugging both Euphemia and Fleamont as tight as her small arms would let her. Tears began to stream their way though her face.

"Oh little Estelle what seems to be the matter," Fleamont spoke, stroking his daughter's hair after taking her baby blue hat off her head. When these words reached the mother and brother of the family their necks snapped to her tear stained cheeks.

" I hate it in france, the girls are horrible and the teachers are mean and i miss my brother when i'm there and the-" she stopped choking a sob out. This caused James to perk up in a furious voice.

" She won't return after christmas. I'm sure Dumbledoore will have her early but I will not let my sister go back to France," His father nodded in agreement and his mother showing a sad smile towards her daughter finally understanding that her little girl was hurting.

" James you said February half term... not new year," Estelle drew her eyes from her fathers chest over to the tall dark haired boy- Who huffed in response.

"That was before i knew how much you hated the stupid posh French school now you wont be going back," Nobody dared argue with the Potter boy's tone partially because they were all in agreeance on the matter.

" Well little star if you aren't going back your mother and I had best get a letter to madame Juliette and Professor Dumbledoore then hadn't we?" Fleamont spoke kissing her on the head and ushering her over to James who had his arms open as she walked into them.

Fleamont and Euphemia walked towards the study charming Her luggage up to her room and stopping at the door to observe James and Estelle's embrace pausing to look at each other before rushing to get the letters done hoping Dumbledore is at Hogwarts still.

Estelle smiled into her brother's chest. She was going to Hogwarts.