~19~

once again my lovelies this is unedited sorry for the slow updates i've had crippling mental health recently 

The second Estelle saw the black brother that morning she knew something was wrong and by default that he would not tell her the truth. He grazed his way into the great hall for breakfast, head held high as always but his eyes looked different. The deep set orbs looked more frantic than usual, almost like he was panicking.

She raised her hand to wave the boy over however he strutted straight past her. To the table of the snakes with his cousins. So far this could be rationalised by Regulus' erratic behaviour, however what happened following broke down the walls of her trust in him. Bellatrix smiled a genuine sorrowful smile at her direction as Regulus moved his eyes away from the direction of her and turned towards Emmeline Vance to fake an embrace. The embrace wasn't truly fake but Estelle knew a black faking his emotions when she saw one and so her heart failed to break when she saw her love in the arms of another that morning she only got a sudden ambition and anger to find the source of his betrayal and make him regret it.

Emmeline was a beautiful girl and exactly that whom the mother of the Black siblings would want them betrothed to. A true pureblood woman, long dark hair down her back and the same delicate proportions as the slender-man like Regulus. They were rumoured to have already been given to another in Evan Rosier however all pureblood mothers would change arrangements when a Black is offered up on a silver platter for them. But Regulus wasn't just any old Black he was Estelle's and she was going to make her and him regret ever going anywhere close to each other and Mr Rosier for being stupid enough to let his girlfriend escape his limbs.

"Estelle, did you see that?" Lily pointed out concerned at the puzzling look that was eating up the girls face.

"yes Lily I have in fact seen him walk in here with that snake," She stated, unfazed by the look on everyone's face.

"are you um... okay?" Remus Lupin poked on her shoulder, shaking her out of her mood of picturing Regulus in the crucio curse limbs wagging throat hoarse in pain from screaming for help. But Estelle didn't want to help she was giggling at his need for her now, her heart was somewhat damaged and a silver band lay on his wedding finger. He needed her now, rich!

"yeah all good Remy it wasn't going to last forever anyway was it. we can't all be james and Lily," her voice pitched slightly as she moved her head to view the happy couple. James was gently giggling as he was brushed of pastry by a loving Lily. Sifting through her mind she came to the conclusion that she could never picture her and Regulus doing anything like that and after his close proximity to someone who was clearly in love with him she didn't want to.

The rest of dinner and the converstions were a blur to Estelle in the same dreary way normal interactions become when you're waiting for soemthing to happen or to create a plan of action. For Estelle the latter of the two was what created a day too long to bear.

Regulus-

My eyes stung with tears. I was so close, painfully close and I wish i could reach out to touch her but I can't for her own safety or for mine i don't know. Emmeline smelt too strong of my colone, she sprayed it on herself this morning and i had noticed straight away. Her long black hair didn't fall down her back in the way Estelles did. I didn't want to run my fingers through hers and I didn't want to tug it to get her attention. I wanted her to stay 2 metres away from me and give her short black skirt to Stella because she'd love to wear it.

I knew she wasn't sad, she didn't have the patience to bear tears of sadness over me, she didn't have the ability. As quick as she was witted was she tempered. And by her sarcastic reply to whatever Lily had asked her told him that she wasn't exactly the weeping widow Emmiline wanted her to be she truly was a spiteful girl and half of the break from her engagement to Evan Rosier was only to get back at the young Potter girl. Regulus was particularly happy to have to break her heart when she finds out that he will NOT learn to love her as many pureblood couples did.

"Rggie," she hummed in his ear while they were back in his dorm after classes. He merely nodded in response.

"if we're going to be married surely we should get used to the bodies of one another beforehand, you know so it's not awkward on our wedding night,"

"no. this is a stupid conformation to a tradion that is only worthy in a marriage of love," he paused then just to strengthen the blow to the young girls face he stated,

"which this is not,"

how the fuck was he going to fake being in love or able to tolerate this girl when he was anywhere near his Stella.