~15~

not edited, okay fun fact I put not edited when they are edited just that I finish most of the editing at like 4am and I'm sure there is probably mistakes in there... 

Opening her eyes for the second time that day. Estelle found herself fully clothed limbs tangled within those of another. The 'another' in question being Regulus Black. Part of Estelle wanted to wake the boy up and shove her face on his recreating that of last night but the other part wanted to close her eyes and pretend to be asleep so he would never let go of her. Never stop holding her like he was in that moment. She felt whole.

Estelle was encased in Regulus. Her head on his chest still listening to his heartbeat. He tightly held her in between his arms one hand on her head and the other at her waist holding her hand. He began to stir. Opening his eyes to be flooded with the same emotions that the girl in his arms was feeling. He felt her breath hitch as he moved his arms. The clock stated 9:30.

"Goodmorning, I know you're awake," he smiled, pulling her closer. This relaxed Estelle knowing that he wasn't at that moment going to chuck her out and pretend that whatever happened yesterday never happened.

"Goodmorning," She giggled to him leaning closer. Her giggle made butterflies erupt in Regulus' stomach, a feeling he considered extremely 'feminising'. Nothing seemed to be wrong as they both sat there thinking over what had come to be and the undeniable attraction between the two.

"How are my friends going to react to this," She sighed, pulling his attention back over to her. He wondered if she acted on a whim often, he knew from their past that her anger often controlled the way she reacted to certain situations, and wanted to know if this is something her friends would entirely expect to happen.

"Well I did get a punch in the jaw from your brother yesterday when I went to let them know you were okay and hadn't been kidnapped," He laughed at her and a shocked expression left her face and she grew reddened at what James obviously assumed she and Regulus had done.

It had been hours since they woke up and both Regulus and Estelle had made their way to breakfast then lunch and now dinner. Apart. Not a single glance was sent their way by each other as they ate with their respected tables.

The dinner today was ordinary. Everything was more or less ordinary. It seemed to Regulus and Estelle that nobody understood the elemental change that had happened in the last 24 hours. People were still on a high from the party the Marauders held and they noticed many new couples sitting together at the tables in the great hall that evening.

"Was he a gentleman then," Frank stifled a laugh at Rory, who had said it. Snapping her lingering eye off of her uneaten plate of food Estelle didn't know what to reply. Regulus was a gentleman but she didn't want to give Rory the raise him and his bruised face wanted.

"What?" she said dumbfounded at his comment once again.

"The snake we all know you fucked him," Frank spoke as if they were the most obvious words to be said.

"I didn't have sex with Regulus," she sighed looking at Marlene and Lily for help. They weren't looking back at her but she was well aware they were listening in to the conversation.

"Are you sure you seem like the type that would jump at any attention from a male, you certainly did at me," Rory snared. Estelle was normally a fighter but Rory had made her tired. She didn't want to fight, she just wanted the boy to forget that she had ever existed.

"Rory, please" Her tough facade falling, the pleading tone from her childhood leaking from her voice box, this was what brought James' eyes to the girl, he hadn't had that tone grace his ears since Easter of third year. He wanted to watch what Rory would do next.

Rory upon hearing the tone snapped his neck up to meet her eyes. He felt bad kind of, guilty, a feeling he had never felt before in circumstances like these. He watched as her small frame left the table falling into a sunken step he had never seen her use.

The day had started off so well, in the arms of him and now as it barely hit 6 Estelle was in a slump. James followed her out muttering words about Mclaggen under his breath. He watched as her steps traced the sides of the long, ancient hall, straight past the common room and outside into the dark. She settled on the outside window sill of an unused corridor.

"James am I being dramatic,"

"No. How did you know I was here?" he simply answered the question that was still lingering on his sisters lips and offered his own.

"You always come for me, even when I don't think I need it," James walked over and pulled his quite a bit smaller sister into his chest just letting her settle there, she didn't cry.

Estelle thought of how quickly her budding friendship with Regulus had become hate when he told her the truth, what she needed to hear and she never dwelled upon how she had replied. Not when Sirius had sent the letter and not in the christmas holiday when Sirius turned up at the potter manor looking as if he wasn't working properly. She thought at the time she was being reasonable, that it had been that irresistible dark haired boy who was at fault for the whole situation, maybe Estelle had been selfish. But ultimately she didn't care, her Gryffindor pride creeping back in, he had hurt her first and she had only repaid the favour as he continued to do so also. It frustrated her how he could make her feel so strongly, how his actions ran loops around her mind in admiration, in anger and even in this new emotion she had no control over.

"I like the stars James, I like the stars and now whenever I look at them I think of him," She shuddered, this was when the light sniffles came, not a second before. Regulus Black had ruined feelings for her, they weren't soulmates but he made her never want to meet hers he made everything feel still and she didn't know why. She still hated him but she also felt something else when she heard his name, something heavier.

"There's a thin line you know, between love and hate," James broke her thought pausing to think.

"So thin sometimes I even think I hate Lily. She dragged me on for years chasing her but that feeling is just the pull of love , so much love," a gentle kiss settled on her forehead.

They sat there talking for hours until it was midnight and they could barely see one another without the graces of wandlight. They reminisce about all sorts, childhood and the long time before Hogwarts was even thought about, when they were just Essie and Jamsie and not Estelle and James Potter of Gryffindor house Hogwarts. But for a loud majority of the dark, late night they sat in silence watching the stars, trying to reach out to them all with their eyes.