~18~

He didn't know what he was most shocked at, the events coming or the fact that Walburga Black had praised him and she actually meant it. She was never the most loving mother to the two boys and they couldn't even promise she meant well. And so the information he had been given that day was a prison sentence. It was a promise that he was getting the mark and a demand that he mustn't embarrass the Black family name while receiving it.

It made him rack his mind for who else has the mark. Bellatrix, narcissa they had both had it and so he had to speak to them, ask them what he could do about it.

He lost all his connectedness walking along the corridors that day and a panic he didn't know could seap in consumed him. He tried to think of places the trio would be but nowhere was coming to mind, they weren't the most lively hanging out bunch, maybe a cemetery would best fit them in future.

After searching the whole castle and coming up with nothing he stomped his way down to the slytherin common room only to be met with the three of them playing chess well, Lucius and Narcissa playing chess, Bella was spectating.

"How long have you been in here?" He questioned not giving them any time to answer before he carried on " I need both of you now cousins," they followed in the familiar formal manner the Black family greeted each other with as they hurried into Regulus' dorm room.

"What ever is the matter Reg," Narcissa spoke in a bother

"Oh shut up cissy obviously he's got his letter," Bella said taking him into a squeeze, 'it's okay and you're going to be fine' we're spoken into his ears.

"But Essie, what do I do with Essie?" He spoke of panic arising.

"You've got to break her heart again or the lord will," cissy cut in.

"This must be so easy for you cissy, your life has been planned out in the best way it could've been, you'll grow up pop out a single child that probably becomes the most bratty horrid hearted boy and ends up a coward like his father, have some empathy," Bella snapped putting Narcissa back in her quiet obedient space.

"You have to tell her.. It might scare her off enough that she doesn't come back," Bella softly spoke.

"It won't once she gets an idea in her head she sticks to it... she'll come after me," Nothing does concerning the mark he wanted to finish with. This whole situation just went from almost ideal to one of them is going to die if they carry on in way too little time.

"Do you want to run away?"

"I can't"

"Well you have to make her run away then... and stay far away from you we can't have her getting hurt for when you return"

"When I return?"

"I'll fix this Reggie... I promise"

"no i'll keep Stella the safest she can be"

****

"So what are you going to do then Regulus, I know you wouldn't let her get hurt" Sirius leant into his ear in a demanding tone, Regulus knew if anything happened to Essie he would never forgive himself and the Marauders would never forgive him either.

"I'm going to break her heart," He paused "obviously I'll explain the situation to James first before he murders me,"

The extensive amount of planning the Black brothers did that night was amazing considering that the last time Sirius planned or studied anything was 1st year and that was only to get Remus to talk to him.

They both wanted the plan to go perfectly and it was important that nothing got in the way of what they were planning, they couldn't have Estelle getting suspicious she needed to be too brokenhearted to move or think about the intentions of his plan.

Regulus even wrote a letter, with the help of Sirius, to explain to James what was going to happen and why.

Dear James Potter,

I am writing with deep regret to inform you of my situation so you don't break my face. I received my letter. I will be getting my dark mark against my will at christmas same time as Lucius Malfoy. I will not let Estelle get hurt because of this and so I must lead her to believe I have better options and request an alliance Marriage from my family so she doesn't come back for me. Can't have her getting into any danger because of me. I will be making an attempt to take down Lord Voldemort from the inside but nobody can know of this.

Yours truly,

Regulus Arcturus Black

****

"We have to help him," Were James Potter's first words upon reading the folded up piece of parchment delivered by Sirius.

"We can't, it will only get him into more trouble and get Estelle involved,"

The two members of the Marauders were slumped, they wanted to help but knew it would only give the younger boy more troubles this way both of them would be safe and Estelle could find someone else to love. And so they agreed to the plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies i know it's been a while but I'm hopping in again