~7~

*not edited*

It was finally Christmas morning and after a long week of tiredness a day of celebration was exactly what the Potter girl needed. She had planned her presents all year specifically only getting them from little french shops as she didn't want anyone to have already seen them anywhere. She obviously hadn't had much to look forward to when trapped in france so gifts and holidays were her best friends and planning for them became second nature to the girl.

Early on the morning of christmas day James decided to hobble his way into Estelles room to find the sleeping girl and wake her for the day. He decided to climb on her bed and begin jumping, this however only annoyed the sleeping girl and she violently kicked her brother and began mumbling incoherently about having '5 more minutes'. James who was now laying on the floor screeched in pain.

"Essie for god's sake it's christmas," He sighed, rubbing her shoulder making her snap up. Smiling, she spoke her first hearable words of the day.

"Oh Jamsie i'm sorry not really but anyway i want presents can we wake mum and dad," This made James nod his head and prepared to do what they did every christmas, giving Estelle a piggy back ride to the biggest bedroom of the house. Their parents. The two ran in excitedly hugging their parents who they had expected to be awake after all these years of ambush at christmastime.

"Good morning my lovelies," Euphemia kissed her children's foreheads happily. "How was your sleep?" they both answered truthfully a yawn creeping its way onto the youngest Potter's face as she huddled into the side of her father. This was the hold, the one from when she was little and she thought about the many times she'd had that hold and how immortal it was, like a vampire never growing old.

"Oi Essie we just woke up you can't be tired we have presents to open," James jabbed the side of his little sister causing her to hiss and kick him.

"Essie really is getting old now jamsie," She spoke stretching and begging to get up dragging Fleamont with her to the living room she had decorated that week. Pushing the door open was a task, The manor had always had heavy oak doors and often she would find herself just waiting for someone else to go in to open the door for her.

"Now i forgot to mention this princess but this room is beautifully decorated i was wondering if you knew who did it to such a standard," The voice brought her back to the day her and Regulus had decorated the room. Pushing the thoughts of teary laughter away she drew her reply.

"Well my wonderful father that would be me," Estelle smiled cockily as she and James walked towards the tree sitting down beside it. In her brain at that moment she was trying to guess what was in the wrapping paper and wondering if they would like her gifts. James took her out of her daze and handed her a wonderfully wrapped gift. She pulled the paper off neatly and squealed in excitement at the astronomy book in her hand. She knew it was expensive as she'd been looking at it for ages. Estelle dived on her parents squeezing them to give thanks while James excitedly opened his presents too.

"Well um we can open mine now," Elle said cutting it short, She had gotten James a book about french quidditch teams, Her mother a pair of glass earrings and her father some new things for his inventions. Nobody had expected presents from Estelle as she seemed to be always busy in her letters, either that or the reminders of home in letters made her want to end them quickly. In their shock they all embraced Essie thanking her.

Essie loved Christmas people in cliche stories always do. She always sent out letters to people she cared about. Cousins and extended family members but this year upon finding out the closeness of her brother's friends she forced him to do it too. When writing alongside him specifically when crafting the letter to the black household she wanted nothing more than to write Regulus a letter and sign it off from stella. But he didn't want to see her. She had to accept that. That was until late christmas day when the eating was over and she received a letter from the black household.

She knew the writing wasn't Regulus' because it was the same as the letters James had previously gotten from the older Black brother. A sigh left her mouth not that she wasn't grateful for getting a letter at all but she longed for a letter from the tall dark haired boy she'd dubbed starboy.

Nonetheless she pulled the letter open scanning it's words carefully.

Dear Estelle,

Um I don't really know how to start this letter although i felt it important to write not only to wish you a merry christmas, Provided this arrives christmas day, but also because you have imprinted yourself onto my brother and he has broken your heart. He feels terribly guilty for it and wishes it could be different but however of you didn't know our parents don't really accept muggles or muggle-borns and so your family not being slytherin and also not exactly seeing muggles as less puts him in a position as the golden child to cut you off. He did tell me not to tell you any of this but i did. I was hoping you wouldn't hate him too much as I said he feels guilty, he told me you were teary about it and I wanted to make you feel better. So here it is me sticking up for the special brother.

Yours Truly, Sirius Black

Her tears were welling in her eyes not because of the situation her and the Black boy had found themselves in but because she had been so quick to judge his anger and read it as disgust. She wanted now more than ever to be his friend. The letter was meant to put her off friendship with him but in kind words. She didn't know whether to carry on her life feeling the anger she has felt when she slammed her door shut that day or pretend it never happened and continue to show Regulus black her attention. She quickly however remembered the way his shouting made her feel. Scared. And she never wanted a man to feel like he could inflict that on her, he could've spoken but he didn't he shouted and used a harsh tone like she was ditzy and couldn't understand him.

And so taking that tone she furiously wrote her reply to the oldest Black brother.

Sirius Black,

I have taken into consideration what you have told me and I don't care. If your brother thinks a man will ever be able to talk to me the way in which he has communicated his feelings towards our possible friendship he is lying to himself and I refuse to even be civil with a person who speaks in such a manor. All i have to say concluding this is that your special brother doesn't seem to special to me,

Yours Respectfully,

Estelle Potter

( Ps i truly apologise for my overly feminine handwriting it's a Beauxbatons thing they forced us all to have it and punishment wasn't so pleasant for failing to have it)

She picked up her fury again, walking to James' room in order to ask him to send the letter. Estelle didn't care for Sirius' opinion on the matter, what Regulus did was selfish and mean and there was no reason for his mannerism.

"James send this to Sirius Black when you send the other letters please," She smiled out leaving a confused James who had no idea of her relations with any member of the Black household.