The Homecoming Hangover

WE CALLED FOR Emily over and over again as we sprinted through the second level. Spencer looked between us. “Maybe we should split up.”

   “Maybe we shouldn't.” Hanna shot down the idea

I sighed. “You can come with me Han,”

Spencer head shot up “Why do I have to be alone.”

   “Hello.” Arias hands shot up in a wave with a scoff before pulling out her phone.

Spencer frowned. “What are you doing?”

   “I'm ringing Emily till she picks up.”

It took a second till a familiar ring sounded from down the hall and I gasped. “Emily!”

I led the way to the chemistry lab and my heart dropped at the site before me. Shelves were toppled over, glass beakers scattered on the floor. “Oh my God.”

Hanna gasped. "Is that blood?"

  “Han, don't go there.” Spencer's voice was shaky as we looked at the pool of red in horror.

   “Why not?” Aria looked at Spencer. “She was up here with Toby.”

   “IT WAS ALL in this shrinks file.” Aria revealed to Emily. “Toby and Jenna had a relationship.”

  “Way beyond step-siblings.” Spencer muttered in distain

   “Yeah, they were involved.” Aria told her

  “Romantically?” Emily asked us

Spencer snorted. “I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice.”

Aria looked at Emily. “That's what Alison saw when she threw the stink bomb.”

   “And then Lexi and Ali threatened to expose Toby, which is probably why he wanted her dead.” Spencer concluded.

  “And not just them.” Aria spoke carefully. “Us. And you.”

Emily hesitated earning a stare of disbelief from Spencer and I. “You don't believe us?” Spencer asked

   “I do, I—” she shook her head. “I just don't get it . If Toby killed Alison, why hadn't he done the same to Lexi? And if he wanted to do the same to me why am I sitting on my bed and not a body bag?”

   “I told the police that when I went out for air I tripped” Emily said fiddling with her hands.

Aria's eyes widened. “Why didn't you just tell them that he attacked you?”

  “I didn't wanna say anything until I talked to you guys first.”

  “Well the truth is in the file.” Spencer pointed out.

  “Who knew Rosewood had so many cops?” Hanna huffed as she slipped the file out from under shirt. “I went to put this back and they were outside the doctor’s office talking to Toby's shrink. They know this was stolen.”

  “Can I see that?”

Hanna gave that file to Emily before looking between us. “If anyone saw me going into that building last night, I am so host.”

Aria's phone suddenly chirped having all five off us on edge. Spencer swallowed as the Montgomery girl pulled out her cell. “Is that..”

   “No. My mum.” Aria let out groan “Ask your father if he plans to use the car this week.” She scoffed. “My parents have gone from not talking to not texting. This sucks. I'd better go home.”

  “Yeah, we should probably go too.” Spencer said to me grabbing both our coffee's

   “I just got here.” Hanna called out. “What do I do with that?”

  “Just shove in your locker we'll figure it out later.” Aria instructed her. “Bye.”

  “Feel better Em’.” Spencer and I called out.

I KNOCKED ON Raven's bedroom door. “Hello, Raven.” I called out.

  “Come in.” He answered

I walked in feeling guilty and ashamed of what happened last night.

  “I came to apologize” I told him

Raven sat up from his bed. “For what? Ditching me, avoiding me.” He listed

I felt even more guilty. “Yes all of that.” I nodded. “Raven I'm sorry okay last night wasn't my best day.”

  “I think I noticed when you and all your friends disappeared, when your friend Hanna didn't show up to get her crown and when Emily ended up in the hospital.” Riven looked at her. “What's going on?”

I sigh not answering him. Raven sighed standing up walking towards me grabbing my hands. “You know this won't work if you don't talk to me?”

I scoffed slightly. “Raven, there are some things are happening I can't tell you.” I sighed when see his face. “yet. I can’t tell you yet.”

   “You tell me everything and you think you can't tell me this?” Raven questioned me

My phone rang I pulled it out and saw that it was Emily I sighed and switched it off. Raven sighed. “Okay, how about we relax and talk about something else.”

I smiled. “I would love that.”

Raven lead me to his bed. We were laying  together when he suddenly asked me. “Who let you in?”

I beamed. “Your mum and gosh is really she welcoming”

  “Really?” Raven asked me

I hummed. Laying my head down his chest.

SHOCK. THAT WAS the state I was in as I sat at Emily's window bench staring off in thought.

   “So is Toby dead.” Hanna asked the question in everyone mind.

   “I couldn't bring myself to ask.” Emily shook her head. “Jenna was so upset. But his bike... it looked like it was... like it was wrecked.”

   “Well I'm not gonna cry over this.” Spencer announced “Neither should you.”

Hanna frowned at the girl. “Spencer, if she like him she can cry about it.”

  “Well I'm sorry for speaking.” Spencer shot back defensively before sighing as she looked at Emily. “Look she right, Em’. I can't tell you what to feel.”

  “I'm sorry for what I said about your family yesterday.” The blonde apologized gently. “I didn't mean it.”

I looked confuse as Spencer replied. “It was true. Your not the first person to say it.”

   “I'm sorry I'm lost, what did she say?” I ask

Spencer sighed softly. “It doesn't matter.”

Emily's phone chirped. “It probably Aria.”

   “I think something's going down at her house.” I informed the group before my eyebrows furrowed and concern when Emily let out a soft gasp. “What is it?”

  “Thanks for getting Toby out of my way A.” Spencer read out.

My heart sunk even more.