Never Letting Go

WE SAT IN Emily’s bedroom folding fliers for a fashion a show when aria suddenly asked “Why would A show is that part of the video?”

Hanna let out a sigh. “To keep us distracted from when her next attack is on.”

   “Or to tell us there is more to what happened that night.” Emily added

   “Guys, Ian tried to kill me in the bell tower to get back his perverted videos.” Spencer argued. “And he went after Ali for the same reason.”

    “Yeah.” Emily sighed softly “But A had us convinced Ian killed Alison. And now it’s what two miles from Ali’s house to the kissing rock. I mean did she turn of the camera and walk home? In the dark, alone?”

   “Yeah someone could have been waiting for her.” Hanna agreed with Emily. “And surprised her when she got home.”

   “Like who?” Aria asked

   “Yeah. Like Ian!” Spencer snapped. “Just because he didn’t kill Alison at the kissing rock doesn’t mean he didn’t do it an hour later.”

   “Spencer would you just Stop! It wasn’t Ian.” I hissed

   “If Ian didn’t kill Ali did A?” Hanna questioned we all fall into an awkward silent. “So did you invite Ezra to the show?” Hanna asked Aria changing the topic.

   “No.” aria blushed. “His out of town presenting a paper at a conference. Did you invite Caleb?”

   “Why would I do that?” Hanna asked

  “Because you kissed him.” Spencer reminded her

   “How was it?” Emily asked

   “I wore the total wrong gloss. You know the one that looks wet buts really sticky?”

Emily grimaced “The ones that get hair stuck to your mouth.”

   “Its all fun and sexy till someone hacks up a hair ball.”

  “Hey. Please keep folding I need these done as in yesterday. I already missed a million committee meetings.”  Spencer sighed

Aria’s phone beeped causing us all to look up at her

Aria looked at Spencer. “Can I get it? It’s just a text.”

   “If it’s from Ezra then yes.”

   “Wow. Toby has turned our boss into a romantic.” Emily teased Spencer.

   “I was always a romantic. I was always romantic under thin veneer of pragmatism then few shockingly bad choices –”

   “Guys.” Aria cut Spencer off. “I’m gonna go deal with this.”

   “Do guys realize we all actually have boyfriends/girlfriends at the same time.”

   “okay I don’t have a boyfriend.” Hanna disagreed

   “Yeah you do. You just don't wanna admit” Argued Emily

Spencer turned her head and saw aria standing at the door looking at her phone. “Tell Ezra we say hi.”

I SMILED AS I walked into the house

   “You obviously don't have control of the situation!” I heard dad yell on the phone has he came down the stairs. “Then what the hell is Jason doing back here?” he hung up as soon as he saw me