Monsters In The End

SPENCER AND I met up with the girls at the Apple Rose Grille to talk about what mum told us.

   “Do you think somebody rubbed that sweater on both your bracelets?” Aria asked for more like stated the obvious.

   “Somebody?” Emily scoffed “Try Ian. His doing everything he can to make you look guilty. Your parents should heir you a 24 hours bodyguard.”

   “What about Jenna? What if she paid Caleb to get that the bracelets—”

   “Wait, when was Caleb in their house?” Emily asked Aria

   “He doesn’t need an invitation Em’ he broke into a vending machine with a spork.”

   “Guys.” I called out looking outside. “I think somebody’s watching us.”

They all turned their heads to look outside.

   “Those?” Emily said looking at the three figures. “Their for the founding festival.”

   “Man, if that’s what Rosewood founding family looked like how’d they ever get anyone to move here?” Aria joked

   “And why were they allowed to reproduce.” Spencer added

   “Guys if Caleb—”

Hanna finally snapped cutting Emily off. “Guys can we stop using the C word.”

Aria looked at Hanna. “We know this is hard for you. But we have to talk about Ca— him.”

   “If we have to help Lexi and Spencer we have to know what Caleb knows.” Emily added

   “Guys these definitely somebody out there.” Spencer said but everybody ignored her.

   “Maybe if Emily and I cornered Caleb. Not in school but somewhere Jenna free.” Aria tried but got cut off by Hanna.

   “If Caleb’s going to talk to anyone it’s going to be me.” Hanna told us

   “Will you do it?” Emily asked her

   “To help Spencer and Lexi sure.”

   “Thanks Han.”

WALKING DOWN THE stairs I heard what Melissa said making me look up from my cell phone where I was texting Raven.

   “— That Spencer and Lexi will be wearing handcuffs at my baby shower.”

   “Morning sweetie.” Mum said the moment she saw me and walked over to the fridge. “You want some yogurt I have fresh berries.”

   “No I already ate, thanks.” I said still looking at the back of Melissa’s head.

   “What were you talking about?” I asked Melissa setting my bag  and cell phone on the table

   “The founders Festival. Your sister and Ian are think of helping Mrs. Acrid with the church booth.” Mum said scratch her hair.

   “Fun.” I said mockingly to Melissa as I walked passed her to the counter.

   “I actually want you and Spencer to join them.” I turned and looked at mum.

   “You can get on Mrs. Acrid’s good side and no one in town—”

   “Why do we need to be on her good side?” I asked cutting Melissa off.

   “Because people are talking and jumping to a lot of conclusions.”

Before I could say anything my phone on the table started running. Melissa who was closer to it checked it.