Blind Dates

WE ALL STOOD outside an alleyways downtown waiting for Spencer.

   “This place is skeevy.” Aria grimaced

   “She pawed our sisters wedding ring. She’s not going to go to Tiffany’s.”

   “So Wren and Melissa?” Emily brought up.

   “Weird right?” Hanna said softly

  “could you tell what he gave her?” Emily asked

Aria shook her head. “No. She didn’t seem happy about it.”

   “I wonder if Ian will be.”

I looked at Emily. “How you holding up?”

   “Great ever since I got that scholarship letter my mum thinks I can do no wrong. I’m living a lie I didn’t even tell.” Emily shrugged

   “Leave it to A to make you feel bad about your mum feeling good.” Hanna muttered

We all turned to look at Spencer when she stormed of the pawn shop.

“I want believe it’s gone.” Spencer huffed

   “At least you got your money back.”

   “Am I supposed to give her this?” Spencer trusted the horse shoe in Hanna’s face. “I stole it. I actually stole my sisters wedding ring.”

Our phones started beeping at the same time.

Just my luck diamonds are A girls best friend.

— A

We all started to look around but stopped when we caught site of a board written

SOMEONE’S WATCHING SO LOOK YOUR BEST…

Above it was a pear of eyes wearing seeing glasses.

  “Going some where?” I asked Melissa as Spencer and I caught her holding a passport.

She shook her head. “No.”

  “Why do you have your passport?” Spencer asked

   “Its, it’s not mines, it’s Ian’s. I need it for the insurance claim on my ring.”

   “it still hasn't turned up?” I asked as I placed my bag down.

   “It will.” Spencer assured her

  “I rather find my husband.”

Once Melissa was gone I turned to Spencer. “It will?”

Spencer sighed rolling her eyes as she took a seat.

Walking into the hospital Spencer and I looked for Wren. We found him walking with a Nurse.

   “Spencer, Alexandria.” Wren called out when he saw us. “What are your’ll doing here?”

   “We need to talk.” Spencer said “I’m sorry this is kind of important. Could you—”

   “Leave.” I said to her pointing out the obvious

   “What did you give to Melissa last night outside our house? What did she tell you?”

Wren looked around to make sure no one heard Spencer

   “Its complicated.” He said taking me and Spencer somewhere a little private.

   “Okay let me make it a bit easy for you. Ian tried to kill me.”

Once Spencer said that Wren stopped

   “What.” He asked shocked “Are you okay?”

   “For now she is. Now tell us what you know before he tries again.”

   “She wanted meds, supply’s.”

  “And you were just happy to hand them over?” I asked “Ian might be hiding out next door to my house.”

   “No, Melissa said he’d only tell her where he was once she had the drugs. But that it was somewhere outside Rosewood.”

   “Why did you help her?” Spencer asked

   “Honestly, because I feel partly responsible for Melissa going back to Ian. How can I not help. I didn’t give her everything she asked for. Some of the painkillers, I'd lose my job if I did that. Spencer please believe me I had no idea you were apart of this. I don’t wanna see you hurt again

I rolled my eyes.  

Spencer chuckled. “Well Its kinda to late for that.”

   “You need to leave this alone.”

   “I can’t leave this alone. And I need your help.”

   “Every time I get involved with you or your sister people end up getting hurt. I won't let that happen again.”

Spencer stepped closer to Wren. “will you help me find Ian or not?”

Wren shook his head. “I’m sorry. No.”

“Do we have a plan?” Hanna asked as we followed Melissa and Wren’s car.

   “Working on it.” Spencer muttered

   “Should we call Garrett?” Emily asked “Tell him about Ian.”

   “No.”

   “Lexi’s right the last thing we need to do is get him involved in a mystery we can’t solve.” Aria added

Hanna sighed. “That’s what happens when we’re the girls that cried wolf. Don’t get it we’re screwed.”

 Aria leaned toward. “They stopping.”

Spencer stopped the car and we all got out following them.

   “There’s no turning back now right.”

   “I’ve hot 911 on speed dial.”

   “I’ve only got one bar.” Hanna said holding her phone up. “Crap no bar’s.”

   “We should take a photo of Ian to prove we haven’t been making this all up.” Emily suggested

   “Well you go and do that while I try and not get killed.”

We all stopped and looked at Hanna who muttered a ‘Sorry.’

   “I’m just worried about Melissa. So knows what Ian’s thinking.”

   “What if he has a gun.”

I turned around. “Aria.”

    “His the bad guy right?” she asked

I started running when I heard Melissa scream.

When we got to her she all saw Ian’s dead body. Spencer and I pulled Melissa into our arms letting her cry there.