Fractured part 1

THIS STORY WAS REQUESTED BY juliadelevigne
I would like to thank her for requesting this chapter. I appreciate the ideas you guys share with me.

Y/n pov
A sea of strangers filled the stadium. The atmosphere in the hall was tense. People were nervous and excited.

"Fighting y/n!" Yuzuru boosted my confidence with a kiss on my cheek. I blushed.

"Skating next and representing (your country)...y/n!" The announcer declared my turn.

The moment I step onto the ice rink, the whole place was filled with the screams of excited fans. I skated my starting position, beaming lights shone upon me.

The music begins like a willow swaying in a gentle summer breeze. Immediately, I immerse myself in the music, becoming one with the tune and move my body precisely to what I was supposed to do.

I carve in cursive with my skates looping letters around the rink. My blades shape lines of poetry all by themselves as crowd watches in awe. I skated backwards and dig my toe pick into the ice, it was my first jump in the program.

The crowd cheers as I landed jump perfectly. Feeling satisfied that my jump landed perfectly, I continue to skate. Performed my Ina Bauer gracefully and landing my triple axel with the crowd's cheer.

I started building momentum around the rink, preparing myself for the quadruple jump.

The crowd awaited me to land my quadruple jump perfectly. I took off with all my might. I flew high with determination.

"This is now or never."

One

Two

Three

Four!!!

I felt a surge of excitement but not for long as I landed on the cold, hard ice with a loud thump. Scraping my elbow and injuring my ankle. The crowd fell silent. My heart thudded in my chest. My breathing became more rapid, more shallow. My mind kept replaying my fall.

I had to get up but there was too much pain.

"Y/n!!!" I heard yuzuru's worried scream. At that moment, I felt as if his voice awakened me from inside.

Withstanding the overwhelming pain from my ankle, I rose to continue my program, I glanced at yuzuru to see him shaking his head

Withstanding the overwhelming pain from my ankle, I rose to continue my program, I glanced at yuzuru to see him shaking his head. Signalling me not to continue the program. But I just gave him a faint smile and carried on with my program.

Suppressing the pain, I kept going finishing my program with a combination of a scratch spin, catch foot layback spin and a biellmann spin and my ending pose.

The crowd cheered and applauded tremendously. I curtsied to the audience as they threw flowers and gifts to the rink. I skated back to my coach and yuzuru.

As soon as I step out of the rink, my coach and yuzuru came running towards me and flooding me with questions full of concern.

I was so tired that I fell on my knees instantly. Yuzuru and the coach carried me to my seat. I feel the panic begin like a cluster of sparks plug in my abdomen while I awaited my score.

"y/n...Y/n...Y/N!!!" Yuzuru's voice jerked me out of my stance. His warm, honey glowing complexion was drowned in distress. The pair of brown eyes were shaking like crazy.

I hold his hand to assure him that I'm fine. I avert my gaze back to the scoreboard.

The total score of y/n's program = 198, 96.
Ranking = 2

My eyes widen in disbelief.

I'm in second place?!?!

I turned my head back to Yuzuru to meet with his amazed expression. He smiled at me and pulled me into a warm hug. I sunk into the warmth of his side.

"Y/n, You did it! You placed second place!" He declared

"Y/n, You did it! You placed second place!" He declared. My coach gleamed with excitement. I was very happy and moved that tears started to form in my eyes, tears of joy. I hugged Yuzuru back crying in his arms.

After a few moments...
I went to receive my award for second place. I was about to walk to Yuzuru, but my head was ringing. I was losing my breath. I fall to the floor with my consciousness fading away.

The last thing I remembered hearing was shouting and yuzuru's voice calling out my name.