Rival To Lovers ? part 1

THIS STORY WAS REQUESTED BY tuemantram
I would like to thank her for requesting this chapter. I appreciate the ideas you guys share with me.

Y/n's pov
With each step, a tingling sensation in my stomach increased. Cold sweat drip down from my forehead, my heart thudded in my chest.

I felt exhaustion surging inside of me as I took off for a high, quick quad lutz. Marking the ice below with my toepick, thus I felt relieved. Losing my focus in that very second I felt relieved, I lost my balance and fell hard on my rear.

I felt embarrassed for celebrating too early. From afar I heard a high-pitched laugh. I glared at the person who was laughing his ass off.

My greatest rival, Yuzuru Hanyu.

"HAHAHA, you should have seen how ridiculous your fall was!" He implied while laughing hysterically

I got up and skated towards the bench. Furiously, I gulped down a whole bottle of water. It has always been like this since we first met. It may sound ridiculous but it's true.

When we first met I thought I saw an angel, his warm, honey glowing complexion mesmerized the whole crowd including me.

It was like love at first sight. I couldn't tear my eyes off from this beautiful masterpiece. I felt butterflies fluttered inside my stomach.

Contradicting to his lovely face, his attitude towards me was the complete opposite. The fact that he keeps teasing me and only me gets on my nerves.

"Y/n! Yuzuru! Get back to practice!" Coach Brian instructed.

I sighed and entered the rink once more to practice with yuzuru. You see, the thing is we got paired up to perform a duet for the pairs free skating program which will be held at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.

Yuzuru Hanyu's pov
I got paired up with y/n to perform a duet. We got ready to practice again. We stopped at the center of the rink in our starting positions.

As the music starts, we started to skate, immersing ourselves in the din of flute and drums.

Feeling the crisp air dance through, from my hair to my feet. My blades slowly shaved off the once smooth surface into a thousand ice crystals.

Our turns, jumps and spins blend smoothly as if it was becoming one with the melody

Our turns, jumps and spins blend smoothly as if it was becoming one with the melody. I can feel the ice rushing beneath my feet as I built speed around the rink.

I held y/n's hand tight as I pivot on one of my toepicks while holding her hand to do a death spiral. Y/n spun gracefully around me on one blade with her body in a near-horizontal position.

Y/n's povI felt safe as Yuzuru held my hand tight, it feels very warm as well

Y/n's pov
I felt safe as Yuzuru held my hand tight, it feels very warm as well... Why is my heart tingling, what is this feel- No! I have to focus on the choreography.

I mentally smacked myself back to reality, when my body was lifted back up. I focused on the step sequences and the choreography sequences.

As the music advances, we were skating to the right momentum, Yuzuru throws me upwards, I did a quadruple twist in the air before catches me by my waist and carefully placed me down.

We continued skating and rehearsing our programs

Yuzuru Hanyu's pov
The music was reaching its end and I was too, reaching the limit of my strength. I was exhausted. My chest rose up and down as I exhaled and inhaled deeply.

I lost my balance and fell over y/n who was just skating behind me. A loud thud echoed across the rink. I groaned in pain from the weight of y/n's head that was slammed onto my left hand.

My right hand was keeping my body in balance. I opened my eyes, to my surprise, her face was now inches away from mine. Her deep, earthy-brown coloured eyes were staring at me, which were darting back and forth.

I was laying on top of her, locking her on the spot with my arms and legs. All she could do was stare in shock at what just happened. We stared deeply into each other's eyes for a good couple of minutes.

My heart was beating so fast it was abnormal. Heat crept into our cheeks, I was so trapped in her stare that I didn't realize I was leaning in. I can feel her hot breath on my lips as I was leaning closer and closer.

In that millisecond, our lips were about to touch

In that millisecond, our lips were about to touch. A sudden force pushed me off her, that I slammed my butt against the ice. I saw as y/n got up, blushing madly like a tomato and running away.

Oh no, what have I done?

You see, ever since we met I have always had a massive crush on y/n but she doesn't know about it. I tried to get her attention by teasing her. But it backfired and now she was annoyed by me.

Damn you YouTube hacks, it did help me get her attention but now she is annoyed by me and I had just made it worse by attempting to kiss her.

I ruffle my hair in frustration. After a few minutes of calming myself down, I walked towards the locker room to get changed. I was done changing and was about to open the door when I heard someone outside. I pressed my ear against the door to hear what they were saying.

It sounds like Shoma and y/n...?