Fractured part 2

My eyes fluttered open as I realize I was in a different room. The floor is slate grey and the walls dove. Above, the ceiling is made from that polystyrene squares laid on a grid-like frame. The light is too bright for my eyes after the dark void I left, I find it quite abrasive.

Sitting beside me and holding my hands tightly was yuzuru. As soon as he saw me, awake, his head shot up.

"How are you feeling? Are you hurt? Where does it hurt? Do you need me to do anything for you? Should I call the doc-" he bombarded me with questions

I kissed him on the lips to shut him up. "I'm fine yuzuru." I chuckled at his cuteness. He just sat there quietly blushing. My giggling was cut off by a knock and a doctor entering the room.

"Miss y/n?" He asked me to confirm my identity. "Yes." I confirmed. "I have the results of your condition." He looked very serious.

I tightly held yuzuru's hand as he was holding mine. "Miss y/n, I'm sorry to inform you but you have a fractured ankle." Those words made me sunk into the hospital bed.

"It may take up to 4-8 weeks for the bones to heal completely and up to several months to regain full use and range of motion of the joint. So for now, I would recommend that you stay at home and refrain from practising and putting too much pressure on your ankle." I could feel my chest tightening as if my muscles were trying not to let another breath in. My breath became shallow as the news hit me hard.

The doctor exited the room quietly to let us comprehend what just happened.

Time skip to the hotel
I sat on the bed while yuzuru went to get drinks for the both of us. I rocked my body back and forth, trying to calm myself down as my mind kept replaying the words that came out of the doctor's mouth.

Before I know it, my tears began to form and stream down my cheeks. My hand clutching my mouth, trying not to make any noise. The muffled sobs and shaky breathing resound throughout the room.

Yuzuru pov
I hurried back to y/n, holding a bag of drinks. I was worried about her, she seems so defeated. I understand why she feels that way as I felt the same way. I was about to open the door but I heard sobs and cries from inside the room so I just barged in.

There sat y/n in the corner of the bed, hugging her knees and muffling her sobs. My heart broke into a million pieces, I called out for her.

"Y/n?" With the slightest of smiles and pink puffed eyes, she looked up to meet my eyes

"Y/n?" With the slightest of smiles and pink puffed eyes, she looked up to meet my eyes. My eyes softened at the sight, I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her close. Rubbing her back to calm her down.

Y/n's pov
Yuzuru pulled me into a hug. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, his simple actions healed my broken heart. I sunk into the warmth of his body. Somehow the atmosphere became warmer and cosier.

"Do you feel better?" He asked with a voice full of concern and tenderness. I gave him a simple nod to assure that I was feeling better.

"Thank you yuzuru~" I appreciated his actions. He gave a hum in response. "I...i was really afraid just now, the thought of myself not being able to skate again for a long time breaks my heart. You know how much I love skating." I tightly clutched yuzuru's shirt.

"I know y/n, and I know that you don't want advice from me. You just want me to listen to you and I promise I will forever stay by your side and listen to all your troubles." His warm hand caresses my cheek, calming my nerves. My rapid heartbeat began to slow down as he rocks me slowly back and forth.

Eventually, we fell asleep in each other's arms. Drowning in each other's body warmth and love.