Chapter 48

Lord Philip

It had been six weeks since Aliana disappeared. Six weeks since she fucking walked out, leaving in a literal blaze of glory. Fuck sake. I'd watched in horror as she glowed like the sun itself.

I was outside waiting for Alex to bring the car around. He'd gone to the garage to speak with the driver. I saw a bright light reflected from the long windows of the castle. At first I thought the rays from the sun were reflecting on the windows, but then to my actual horror I saw it was Aliana.

I started to run toward the entrance to stop her, but a wave of heat ignited a blaze and blew up the Main Hall. I was thrown back as all that Power that had been pent up inside her was suddenly released.

When I got up it was over and then she was gone. Gone. The madness had immediately started to set in. I could feel it inside me. Growing.

Meanwhile, Aliana's fame had begun to grow and not just within the Castle walls. To the humans she was becoming a symbol of hope. The whispers were quiet but it was growing. The rumor of a powerful Mage. A new Hunter. Even the Half-Bloods were talking about her like she was some kind of god and the Council were beginning to realize she was a much more Powerful Mage than they had anticipated.

Nicholae, Alex and I knew that the rumors were dangerous. Dangerous because they gave hope to the hopeless. They played mind games with our soldiers. And worst of all. They spread...well...like wildfire. Now Nicholae had positioned himself to lead the search for Aliana. I've all but been dismissed from the Council. Sure, I'm still at all the meetings, but my opinion no longer holds any weight. Alex is in only a slightly better position. They know that both Alex and I are fond of her and that we would be unlikely to do what needs to be done to bring her under control. I was already getting lash back for not changing her immediately. For not putting her in one of our specialized cages designed to keep our Mage prisoners.

I know they are right. I should have done more. Honestly, I'd hoped our Bond would be strong enough to keep her under control. After all, she'd made no effort to leave. She'd had her Power pretty much since she'd arrived and yet she'd stayed with Alex. She'd been meeting up with Alaric, but always came back from the Inbetween. She could have gone with Alaric the very first time they met. It was obvious now that she had helped him escape. Her parents were safe. She'd obviously tipped them off to go into hiding. They had disappeared soon after she'd left the farm with Alex. Yet, she had stayed. Why? I thought it was because she had fallen in love. Or that at the very least her Bond was keeping her here. Apparently not.

Now I was left wondering why. And how. Dr. James had given her a check up and left. He said she had been asleep when he'd left the room. Sawyer had assisted but both had left the room.

Security footage showed Sawyer exiting with the laundry. About twenty minutes later Aliana is seen leaving her room and exiting. The guards who had been guarding the elevator were dead so there was no way to question them as to why they let Aliana leave the apartment alone. No pet was allowed to do this. She must have lied her way through, but again, no witnesses were left alive and security footage of the Main Hall was destroyed in the blast.

The blast. There had to be a lot of hate and anger to create the inferno she released into the Main Hall. The damage was so extensive. And the death toll was beyond belief. It was a disaster. She killed three Originals. The loss was intolerable when there were so few of us left. Even with the Dhampirs it was going to take time to regain our numbers. Now with three less of our kind, it was a blow. She'd also killed a number of Purebloods. This was also a blow to our kind.