The Drunk and the Beautiful

Finally, Friday has arrived, Alvaro's long-awaited day. Ever since he knew about Itzi's new relationship status, he can't stop thinking about whether he should tell her about his feelings or wait for the right time.

"Isn't it a little too early? She just broke up with him and ..", Alvaro started, still confused on what to do. They are now in the bar waiting for the girls to arrive.

"Hermanito, you already wasted two years. And this is perfect timing, you guys are both single at the same time.", Pedro advised.

 For the past two years, the timing was not on their side. It's either Alvaro is committed whenever she breaks up with her on-off boyfriend or the other way around. So now that they are both single, he will do his best to help the two.

"I don't know Pedro. Maybe I will just be a friend for her for now. I know she needs it.", Alvaro decided, and just on queue, someone tapped him on his shoulder.

"Hola, Alvaro", it was Itziar with a big smile on her face and he found himself staring. She is beautiful wearing a black bodycon dress and her blonde hair down. She took a seat beside him and he got a whiff of the perfume that she is wearing which made him more speechless. 

 Noticing his friend's stunned expression, Pedro greeted Itzi and started talking with her but Itziar noticed Alvaro staring at her so she asked him ", Is there something wrong with my face? You're staring."

"No. Not at all.", Alvaro finally answered and added," You're beautiful". She blushed and smiled at him. And Alvaro noticed how she scrunches her nose when she gets complimented which is very adorable and sexy.

"Well Mr. Morte, I don't know what gotten into you but thank you.", she replied. She saw Alba and Najwa in the bar entrance and waved at them. She was about to go to them when she whispered to Alvaro, "You look hot tonight too." and winked before leaving both men to greet the girls leaving Alvaro dumbfounded.

Pedro laughed at the interaction and said "Well hermanito, are you sure you just want to be a friend for now?"

======================================================================

Everyone is now on the table drinking when Najwa decided to start a toast.

"I wanna have a toast for Itzi's freedom! I may not have been there when you started your relationship with that guy but I've been there when he mistreated you and was there to cheer you up. I am really happy that you finally broke up because girl, he is toxic as fuck. So, to Itzi! May she find a guy who deserves her and loves her the way she is!", Najwa said as they all cheered and brought their drinks up for a toast.

"Seriously Itzi, I know I am glad about all of this but are you okay now? Like what really happened?", Alba asked as everyone settled on their seats after drinking their shots. Itziar sighed.

"It just happened. As usual, we were fighting about my job and how he feels I am not completely into the relationship as he is. He wants me to go back home and quit my job here. one thing led to another and the next thing I knew, he was packing his stuff and telling me to fuck off.", Itziar said with a bitter smile on her face."But the interesting part is, when he left, I didn't feel sad. I felt liberated. Free. That's when I realized that I never loved him. I just chose him because he is convenient I didn't love the guy I just got attached to him and when I came here to Madrid and away from him, I realized that there is more to life than being with him. That I am my own person.", Itziar added with a genuine smile and everyone nodded. 

Najwa and Alba hugged her and Pedro offered another toast. Alvaro, who was sitting beside Itziar took the courage and took her hand from under the table. Itziar looked up at him and they both smiled at each other as Alvaro squeezed her hand. Itziar thought Alvaro will release her hand after that but he didn't he kept holding her hand as they continued drinking.