08

The next morning I wake up with this worse headache, I don't even remember how I got back to the house last night. A tap on the door makes me sit up, big mistake my head starts hurting worse.

Jihyo walks in holding a glass of water and a few pills.

Jihyo: Last night master Yunho dropped you home, he said to make sure you take this first thing in the morning.

Yunho?

I thank her before popping the medicine into my mouth.

Jihyo: How are you feeling?
Me: A bit of a headache but nothing too severe, thank you.
Jihyo: Breakfast is ready whenever you like to come down.

After washing away any bad decisions from last night I go downstairs. There's only one plate and Jihyo points to it.

Me: Where's Seonghwa?
Jihyo: He had a meeting with his father.

The food is delicious as always. Arranged marriage or not I still need to try and take hold of my own life, I went down to the university to apply.

I always wanted my business degree so in the far future I can have my own empire. After much thinking I don't ever want to put my kid through what my dad is putting me through.

On my way out the admissions office I bump into a familiar face.

Me: Suzy?

__

Seonghwa's point of view

I toss the file on the table.

Me: She was adopted.

My dad scoffs.

Dad: That fat fuck made such a ruckus about her marrying you and that's not even his blood kid.
Me: So he has no intentions of giving his company to her?

That's cold. Blood child or not he adopted her when she was extremely young, what exactly does family mean to that man?

Dad: Nia is an innocent and naive girl. Her father knows she can't survive on her own so he plays with her mental. He's a sick man.

He takes a drag from his cigar, he taps the file.

Dad: Make sure you don't tell her.
Me: I don't speak to her.
Dad: And that's another thing, at least make the girl feel comfortable. I told you I'd have this handled in one year, I don't need five.

I glance out the window watching the birds fly aimlessly.

Dad: It's a race to see who can take down who first, this arranged marriage was just to protect us from any outside enemies.
Me: Friends close but enemies closer huh?
Dad: Exactly.

__

Nia's point of view

Suzy and I sit at the local tea shop. The strawberry cakes here are delicious, my dad use to bring me one home every Friday.

Suzy: I have to say I am a bit surprised you're signing up for school.
Me: Should I be offended?

She shakes her head vigorously.

Suzy: It's just your family has so much money and connections.
Me: That's true but I'll never be my own person if I rely on them so much. I hear your mother is pretty wealthy in her own right, why are you in school?

A small chuckle leaves her lips.

Suzy: Once Yunho's and I family merged they tossed me aside. I was a pawn in their little game, they don't care what I do as long as I continue to be married to him. School is my source of independency I guess.

Good point.

Suzy: How are you and Seonghwa?
Me: It's been eight chapters and nothing.
Suzy: Slow burn?

We both laugh. I've lost contact with a lot of my friends so it feels good to just have girl talk.

Someone clears their throat making us turn.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Yunho and Seonghwa both stand there. Yunho smiley as always and Seonghwa is yeah..

Yunho: Can we join you two pretty ladies?

__

ATEEZ COMEBACK!!!  YESSHSKSM