010

When we were younger Mingi and I would go at it, after all we were in the same jujutsu class. We're older now though and he seems like he's seen far more action than me, but honestly I'm not scared of him. I'm not scared of any of them.

Wooyoung: I'll blow the whistle if I feel like things are being took to far, understand?

We both nod.

Wooyoung: Take your stance, go!

Some things never change. Mingi still circles around his opponent like he did years ago. It's an intimidation technique that didn't work back then but now that's his older and taller I suppose it might.

Not to me though.

I lunge at him with a right swing, he blocks it effortlessly and counters with his own swing making me duck. I hit him in the stomach making him double back.

Mingi: Not bad.

He runs towards me swiftly delivering an under kick. I fall but immediately raise back up, he's open, I hit him square in the chest.

Me: Leaving yourself open? Are you underestimating me?
Mingi: Don't make me laugh.

___

Yunho's point of view

Suzy, Seonghwa and I watch from the sidelines of the battle. Surprised is an understatement, I would have never guessed Nia could fight like that.

Me: Did you know?
Seonghwa: I knew she trained when she was younger based on some records, but I didn't think she was this good.
Me: Looks like you were worried for nothing.

He rolls his eyes.

Seonghwa: I wasn't worried about her, I just don't want the death of a CEO's daughter on my hands if something happens. Wooyoung!

The boy jogs over to us, a small smile on his face.

Wooyoung: She's good.
Me: Yeah. Mingi's movements are looking rushed and sloppy, he's embarrassed.
Seonghwa: Nia is your and Mingi's responsibility when I'm not around. Keep an eye out for her, she maybe good at defending but she isn't bulletproof.
Wooyoung: Yes sir.

I look up and the two are on the floor attacking each other. Mingi gets the upper hand pinning her to the ground.

What will you do now Nia?

My eyes widen as she headbutts the boy, holy shit. Seonghwa chuckles before shaking his head.

__

Nia's point of view

It was a reflex!

Mingi sits on the ground holding his head. I crawl over to him moving his hand that's holding the soft spot.

Me: Are you okay? Oh my gosh I'm sorry?
Mingi: Still soft after all these years, I'm your opponent you shouldn't worry about me.
Me: But still.

He smiles reminded me of the goofy boy who was once my closest friend.

Mingi: I like soba now, buy me some and I'll forgive you for denting my head with your bigass head.
Me: Fine.

We shake hands ending the fight.

Yunho and Wooyoung both clap.

Yunho: What a sight to see.
Wooyoung: I'm glad I didn't have to use my whistle.

I glance at Seonghwa who gives me a small nod. Mingi pulls me off the floor.

Mingi: Let's go, I'm hungry.
Wooyoung: Go?
Mingi: She's buying me soba.
Yunho: Shouldn't the loser buy the winner food?

Mingi's eyes widen.

Mingi: I didn't lose!
Yunho: If you say so.

Suzy stares at the ground twiddling her thumbs, I wonder what's wrong?

___

goodafternoon