040

I stand there frozen, the boys are pissed but they're in the same situation as me. Any sudden moves and we'll all be dead. The man himself stands there with a smug look on his face. He takes his time lighting his cigar before chuckling.

Dad: You can't outdo, the do-er.

A man yanks me down so that I'm kneeling on my knees, Seonghwa goes to move but someone loads their gun. A gun gets pressed to the back of my head and I scowl, the only thing I can see is the ground.

Dad: I trusted you and your father for a little bit, but of course there's really no trust in business. Especially with your father's line of business.
Seonghwa: At least he's upfront with his crap. You're too much of a coward to get your own hands dirty.
Dad: Coward or genius? Either way it wasn't your time to talk.

The next thing I hear is Seonghwa growling in pain. My head snaps up and a man slams the back of his shot gun into his stomach over and over.

Me: Stop!
Dad: You're in no position to be giving anyone orders.
Seonghwa: It's okay Nia.
Dad: And you're on no position to be consoling anyone. Everyone in here is going to die once I'm done with my speech, my useless daughter included.

I clench my jaw.

Me: I'm not your daughter!
Dad: Of course you're not, I would never breed such a failure.

The man behind me yanks my head back by my hair so that I have no choice but to look up at the monster.

Dad: If it makes you feel better my wife did genuinely love you, I told her over and over not to get attached but that women had a heart of gold.

He tsks.

Dad: A shame she had to die like that.

I hate him.

I hate him.

Dad: Anywho, you see your plan worked halfway. You thought you were going to storm in here and ruin my business moves? Catch me committing fraud or whatever blackmail you had up your sleeves? Come on kids be smarter than that.

He puts out his cigar slightly loosening his tie.

Dad: So now what? Seonghwa? Nia? Hongjoong any ideas?

All the boys look defeated and angry. They're weaponless and cornered much like me.

Dad: Honestly Nia what's with the face? Don't tell me you love him. It was an arrangement, a fake arrangement on my part at that.

He laughs.

Dad: You really are a stupid girl.

A stupid girl whose praying her last ace card works. Apparently my long lost brother specializes in weaponry as a hobby, I hold the ball secretly in my pocket praying to get the right opening.

He saids a joke making all his dumb guards laugh.

Bingo.

I toss the ball in the middle of the room making smoke go everywhere. Coughs are heard throughout the office but the act of seeing is slim to non right now.

Thankfully the boys take this opportunity to get away and turn the tables. I scream as gunshots are rung throughout the room someone grabs my hand and runs with me.

Trying to run and clear my lungs of smoke at the same time is hard, once my sight is back I gasp once I notice Seonghwa has my hand.

"Let's head to the first floor, take the stairs!"

That's Hongjoong's voice.

"We're going to have to split up! The bastard has his whole team in the building today! There's no regular workers today."

Yeosang.

"Get Nia out of here safe Seonghwa! We'll meet up with you guys later."

Mingi.

Seonghwa: Fine, but if anything happens to you fuckers I'll never forgive you.
Yeosang: Yeah, yeah! Get moving.

Seonghwa and I turn the first corner that appears, it's like a horror movie.

We rush through a door and down some stairs. A minute or two later I hear the metal door open again and footsteps are behind us. I scream again once gunshots ring through, bullets ricocheting off the walls.

A piercing pain rips through my calve.

Fuck.

Seonghwa notices my running slowing down he glances back and notices the blood running down my leg. He mumbles "shit" under his breath.  Once we reach another door we notice it isn't the first floor but we need a way to lose these guys.

We run through the offices before finding a janitor closet. We quickly duck in and hide. My eyes water from the pain but he shushes me. Footsteps run pass the door making us sigh in relief.

He takes off his hoodie wrapping it tightly against my leg,

Seonghwa: It'll weigh you down a bit but I promise you'll be okay.

He smiles reassuringly and I nod my head.

Seonghwa: Milk pudding later?
Me: How can you think about that at a time like this.

He puts his hand on the side of my face.

Seonghwa: Milk pudding later?

His eyes never leave mine.  There's no coldness, no fear, just adoration and determination to make it out of here.

Me: Milk pudding, of course.

_____