Chapter 5

I sat shaking in bed. The dream was playing over and over in my head. It wouldn't end.

Michael rushed in. His hair was messy and looked like he had just woken up. He came over to my side, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Sam sweetheart, it's okay."

I could barely hear him, still lost in my thoughts. I felt scared and confused.

He carefully sat down next to me, pulling me into his side to wrap his arm around my shoulder. I finally realized that I need the comfort. I clutched his shirt, letting the tears fall.

"Shh, its over Sam. It wasn't real."

I kept a hold on his shirt, not able to stop crying. He rubbed my back, keeping me close.

I don't remember how long this lasted before I fell asleep again. Michael stayed with me since I wouldn't let go of him.

When I woke up the next morning, I was laying in my bed alone. I could hear someone downstairs in the kitchen making something. I rubbed my eyes before getting out of bed.

After wrapping a blanket over my shoulders, I walked downstairs.

Michael was cooking, humming along to his music playing softly.

I sat down at the bar stool, rubbing my eyes. Michael turned around and gave me a small smile, putting a glass of water in front of me.

"Sleep okay?"

I nodded a little. I had only woken up that one time which was good.

He smiled nodding. "Thats good."

I nodded again, taking a sip of the water.

Michael set down eggs and toast down in front of me.

"I hope this is okay."

"This is perfect. Thank you."

I ate my breakfast before michael took my plate to wash. The house was pretty quiet so I guessed that all the others were at work.

"Mikey?"

"Hm?" He turned around.

"Do you have to go to work?"

I picked at my fingers nervously.

"No hun. I'm off for a couple of days to be with you." He took my hand, giving it a squeeze.

I nodded. Smiling a little.

We both soon sat on the couch with family guy on in the background.

"Whats gonna happen?" I asked.

Michael looked at me. "What do you mean sweetheart?"

"Where am I gonna end up?"

"Well, I'm not gonna let you go into foster care. I'm fighting to get custody of you. If that's okay?"

I nodded. "I want to stay with you. I just feel all over the place. "

Michael nodded. "I know. Its been rough for awhile. That's why I was wondering if maybe you could start talking with Ash. Talking about your feelings might help."

I bit my lip, shrugging. I wasn't sure if I was ready for that.

"There's no rush Sam. We have all the time in the world. I just want you feeling mentally okay."

I nodded. "I know. This is all just really new."

Michael gave a small smile. "I know. That's why we're taking this at your own pace. We'll go by you and how you're feeling."

I smiled before moving closer to Michael, to hug him. He truly made me feel safe.
______
I don't know what to write but I hope everyone is doing okay. Have a great night/day💜