Chapter 10

I woke up feeling super shitty. My head hurt and I had horrible cramps. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Feeling okay?" Someone asked.

I looked over and saw Michael at his desk. He looked tired and ready to go home.

"I need ibuprofen." I said, rubbing my head.

He nodded. "You ready to go then?"

I nodded, standing up and grabbed my things. Michael did the same before we head out to his car. The drive was kind of quiet with music playing softly in the background.

When we got home, Michael went and showered while I went to my room and changed into some sweats. After that, I grabbed a heating pad from the cupboard and then went to lay on the couch.

Michael came downstairs in his sweats and plopped down next to me. I cuddled into his side and he wrapped his arm around me. He kissed my head and then turned on the TV.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I should have had someone call you." He said.

I nodded. "Its okay. I know it wasn't your fault. You got pulled to go in."

He nodded. "I'll try and let you know if this happens again."

I nodded.

The rest of the night was full of us watching TV and then having takeout when the rest of the guys got out of work.

_____

"You ready?" Luke asked.

I nodded, straightening up in my seat. Luke was taking me driving after I had talked with Michael about trying it with Luke. He seemed to be way calmer.

"Check your mirrors. Make sure you can see clearly out of them."

I nodded, doing as he said.

"Make sure everything feels comfortable for you. And then when your ready, put it into drive."

I nodded, taking a deep breathe. Making sure everything felt right before switching into drive. The car slowly started to move forward.

"Press on the gas a little."

I did what Luke said.

I felt a lot better this time around. Luke made me feel comfortable and I didn't feel terrified.

"You're doing really good Sam. Just stop at that stop sign ahead and then take a left."

I nodded, feeling confident in what I was doing.

Luke and I practiced for a bit before we headed home.

When we got back, Michael was on the couch doing some of his computer work. I plopped down in the chair.

He looked up and smiled. "How'd it go?"

"Good." I said.

Michael nodded. "Well I'm glad."

I curled into the couch a little, starting to play on my phone.

"Sam?"

"Hm?" I looked up at Michael.

He looked more serious. I felt my heart start to beat faster.

"I need to talk to you about something. "

I nodded slowly, feeling confused and nervous. What did he want to talk to me about.

He took a deep breath before saying "Its about your dad."

I felt my heart stop for a minute and my thoughts started to race. I felt the sweat on my forehead starting to form.

Michael looked down and then up at me. At that moment I knew it was serious.

_______
Well its been a hot minute since I've posted. Sorry I've been kinda all over the place. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter❤