Chapter 8

I slammed the car door and made my way into the house. Michael followed behind sighing.

The guys were all hanging out when I walked in. They looked up and could tell that I wasn't too happy.

"How'd it go?" Calum asked.

Michael came in and I groaned.

"Ask him." I said, pointing at Michael before walking into the kitchen.

The guys had kind of a shocked look on their face.

Michael had taken me to go practice driving and kept making me feel so nervous that it pissed me off.

Michael talked quietly with the guys while Luke followed me into the kitchen.

"So it was bad?" He asked, sitting down in one of the chairs.

I shrugged, drinking the water I had gotten. I felt so annoyed, anxious and disappointed. I just wanted to learn but it felt impossible.

"Sam, you can talk to me." Luke said, looking at me.

I sighed. "I feel like I'll never learn."

Luke frowned. "Sam, you know that's not true."

I shrugged, pulling myself to sit on the counter. "I felt so nervous and he wasn't making it any better."

Luke nodded. "Hey, that's perfectly normal. Nobody gets behind the wheel the first few times and feels like they're the best. It takes practice and patience."

I nodded. "I don't wanna get in the car again with him. He made me feel like I couldn't do it."

"Sam, he's just trying to help."

I groaned. "Are you on his side."

"Theres no sides but you need to trust him."

I put my cup into the sink and walked out of the kitchen. Leaving Luke sitting there.

Yes it may seem stupid that I was getting upset over this but this was one thing that I really really wanted to learn how to do and I felt defeated by not being able to.

I laid down in my bed, clutching my pillow. I stared at the wall, letting my thoughts consume me.

The house was pretty quiet for awhile before I heard someone come upstairs and knock on my door.

"Sam? Can I come in?"

It was Michael.

I sighed before saying "yeah, come in."

Michael walked in and sat down on the edge of my bed. I moved to face him, still clutching the pillow.

"I'm sorry that it wasn't how you thought it would be." He said.

I nodded. "Its okay. I shouldn't have acted that way."

"Sam, its okay. You were nervous."

I sat up, letting tears start to fall. "Its not even that." I said.

Michael frowned, looking at me. "What is it then."

I took a shaky breath. "M-my d-dad was supposed to t-teach m-me."

"Oh Sam, I know sweetheart. This is really hard."

I wiped my tears, starting to feel dumb. "I-I know I-I shouldn't f-forgive him. But  I s-still l-love h-him."

Michael pulled me into a hug and I cried into his shoulder. Even after being through everything that my dad had put me through, I still missed him everyday. I missed the old him. The good dad. Not the horrible and mean one.

Michael rubbed my back and kissed my head. "We're going to get through this. You're so strong Sam. "

I nodded, keeping my head buried in his shoulder.

I just wished that all these thoughts about my dad would end. That he would be left in the past and that I could move on. But somehow it felt impossible to move on.
______
If I start to be bad at updating this week its bc I'm going back to school in two days. Ugh. But anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter💜