Chapter 16

"Sam hun, someone's at the door waiting for you." Luke said, standing in my doorway.

I looked up from my desk a bit confused. It was only 9 am on a Sunday. Who could it possibly be? I was only wearing sweats and a tank top but I wasn't in the mood to change so I got up and headed downstairs.

The moment I walked downstairs, I stopped midway, realizing that the person waiting down here for me was Zach. His light brown curly hair was gelled back slightly and he was wearing a sweatshirt and shorts. He looked really good.

My heart stopped for a second but I tried to remain calm as I came down the rest of the way.

He turned his attention to me, giving me a warm smile with his perfect teeth. "Hi Sam."

I smiled back. "Hey Zach. I wasn't quite expecting anyone this early." I laugh slightly.

He laughed softly. "Sorry, I just wanted to see how you were. I haven't seen you since the party."

Flashbacks of being with him before passing out started to surface.

"Sam, you okay?" He asked.

I came back to reality, nodding. "Yeah, I'm okay. That was just a crazy night." Keep your cool Sam.

He nods. "I know. Did they find out what happened?"

I nodded slowly before answering. "I was drugged."

His eyes widen a bit. "Wait- what!?"

I pick at my fingers, looking down at the floor. "I know. It's crazy."

"Who did it?" He sounded worried.

His voice sent sparks through my body.

I shrugged, looking up at his face again. "No idea. Someone who probably hates me."

He raised his eyebrow. "How could someone hate a sweet person like you."

I blushed a bit at his comment.

"We'll find out eventually." I said.

He nods.

"I gotta get going but I'll see you around Sam." Zach says.

I smile, nodding. "Thanks for stopping by Zach. "

He smiles, nodding. But before he heads out he asks "can I have your number?"

I wasn't excepting him to ask but I nodded, fumbling to grab my phone. Exchanging numbers with him before he left.

When I closed the door, Luke appeared in the hallway.

"Oooh, she got a number from a boy."

I blushed a bit.

"I swear if you tell Mike, I will kill you." I said jokingly.

He put his hands up in surrender. "I'll keep my lips sealed."

Luke zips his lips and then threw away the imaginary key. I laughed before Luke headed back into the kitchen.

I decide to follow, plopping myself in a chair at the kitchen table.

"Hey, has there been anything else about my dad recently?" I asked, picking at my nails.

Luke shakes his head, grabbing a cup from the cupboard.

"Nothing that Mike has brought up. Has he tried contacting you?" Luke asks, turning his attention back to me.

I shake my head. "Just curious."

He nods, sighing a bit in relief.

It feels like its been so long since I've seen my fathers face. But the thought of seeing him though makes me sick.

"You hungry?" Luke asks.

I shake my head. "Not really."

He nods, sitting down next to me.

"Luke?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you think I was drugged?" I ask, keeping my head down.

Luke grips the cup in his hands a bit tighter before looking over at me. "I'm not sure sweetheart. But you know we're going to get to the bottom of it."

I nod. After Zach asked me about it, it made me think a lot more about what happened. Everything that night happened so fast. One moment I was getting ready with Amy, the next I was passed out on the floor.

I got up from my chair before saying "I'm gonna go change and take a walk to clear my head."

Luke nodded. "Alright."

I headed upstairs and threw on clothes before grabbing my keys and phone. I let Luke know before I headed out.

Everything lately has just been overwhelming. I'm constantly just pushing my feelings down so no one knows how I feel. I can't remember the last time I had an appointment with Ashton. He used to try and get me to go but now he just checks in here and there.

I feel like I'm alone most of the time. The guys are all working and I'm stuck either at home or in Mike's office.

After walking to the park, I sat down under one of the trees.

The park was mostly quiet except for a few kids that were running around and screaming with parents.

The memories of my parents flood my memory and I feel the tears start to form in my eyes. I really do miss those happy moments. The times before my mom passed and my dad was actually happy and loved me.

I pull the back of my phone case off and pull out the one photo I have of me and my parents. We were on a vacation at the beach. All of our faces are smiling. We all looked so happy. This was a year before my mom passed.

I let the tears fall, letting my head rest against the tree trunk.

Why can't I just feel okay.