Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of faint voices. I could feel people around me but I didn't know who was there.

Someone grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I gave back a weak squeeze which made the person gasp.

"I think she's waking up." Someone said.

Slowly, I opened my eyes to be faced with Michael sitting next to me.

His eyes were a bit bloodshot and his hair a bit messy. He looked like he had been crying.

I looked around to see the other guys were there as well. That's when I realized I was in a hospital bed. Hooked up to monitors and was being given something through an IV.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" Michael asked.

"Okay." I said. My voice a bit horse.

He nodded, bringing a straw up to my mouth. Having me take a sip of water. I gladly drank some.

Soon the doctor came in and took my vitals and asked how I was feeling.

"Do you remember what you did last night?" The doctor asked.

I shook my head. My mind was kind of fuzzy. Everything seemed like a blur. The doctor nodded before saying "You were slipped a date rape drug."

My heart felt like it stopped for a minute and I looked at him confused. He had to be joking, right.

"What!?" I said, trying to sit up. Still not having much energy.

Michael made me lay down again, pulling the blanket over me. I wanted to fight but I felt weak.

The doctor had a sympathetic look and said he would come back to check on me in a little while. I watched as he left the room before I felt tears start to run down my face.

I felt someone wipe my tears before they put a hand on my shoulder. I looked over to see Ashton on the other side of me.

The room was quiet.

I looked over at Michael, worried to look at him. I could tell he was holding back tears.

The guys all made sure I was good before they gave Michael and I some time alone. I was nervous for what he was going to say.

My thoughts of last night were all coming back to me. I remember going to the party with Amy and dancing around. And talking with Zach. And that's when I realized, I had set my drink down.

"Please don't hate me." I said, keeping my gaze in front of me.

It was silent for a moment before he said "Sam I could never hate you. I love you too much to."

I turned my head to look at him. He didn't look mad at all. Maybe a little upset but no anger.

"I'm sorry I lied to you." I said.

Michael sighed a little.

"Lets talk about that another time. When you have your energy back."

I nodded. I did feel pretty tired.

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"The doctor said within the next day or so. He wants to make sure its all out of your system."

I nodded. Yawning a bit.

"You need to get some rest sweetheart. "

"Lay with me?" I asked.

He smiled a bit.

"Of course."

Michael slowly laid down next to me and I cuddled into his side. Michael wrapped his arm around me, pulling my blanket up to cover me more.

"Can you sing to me?" I asked tiredly.

Michael smiled and nodded, starting to sing softly. I fell asleep to his soothing voice. Keeping a grip on his shirt.
______