Chapter 9

Today was the day that I was started back at school again. It had been almost two months since I had stepped foot in school. I was doing online for a bit until Michael thought I was ready to go back.

I didn't exactly want to go back but I was excited to see Amy. I had texted her a bunch but never told her what had happened.

Michael cooked breakfast for me and then sat with me while I ate.

"Everything will be okay today. Your teachers all know to take it easy on you."

I nodded, yawning a little. All I wanted to do was crawl back in bed and sleep.

The drive to school felt short and seeing the building made me feel a bit anxious.

"I'll see you at 2:30." Michael said.

I nodded, getting out of the car and walked to the front door.

My palms were sweaty and I could feel my heart racing. I took a deep breath before walking inside.

I saw Amy at my locker. She looked up and ran over to me, tackling me into a hug. I laughed hugging her back.

"I'm so happy you're back. I've been lonely without you." She said.

I smiled. "Aww, I missed you too."

Amy and I talked as we walked to my locker. I grabbed the stuff I needed before we both walked to class together.  My teachers were all pretty welcoming and made sure I was doing okay. I didn't realize how much they actually cared about me.

School felt like it dragged on but finally the bell rung and we were able to leave. I walked outside and looked around, not seeing Michael's car.

I thought that maybe he was just running late and that he would be here soon. About 10 minutes passed and I felt so anxious that it felt like I was about to have a panic attack.

After clicking his contact I waited and waited before it went to voice mail.

At that moment I thought he had forgotten about me and that I was never gonna get picked up. I paced nervously until I saw Calum's car pull up.

I rushed to his car and climbed in.

"Where's Mike?" I asked.

"He got an emergency surgery scheduled. I'm sorry if you were freaked out."

I nodded. "Its okay."

Calum frowned a bit and started to drive. "Its not okay and I'm sorry that you had to go through that."

I nodded.

"I'm gonna drop you off in his office since I gotta head back to work for a bit."

I nodded again. Playing with my hands. When we got to the hospital, calum lead me to Michael's office where I plopped down on the couch.

"Take a nap. He should be done soon. I'll see you later sweetheart. "

He kissed my head before heading out.

I laid down on the couch, scrolling through my phone before I ended up falling asleep.
____
Sorry this is super short. I've been kinda struggling lately. Hope everyone is having an amazing day/night💗