03. birthday

november 3rd, niki's birthday.

to be completely honest, niki didn't expect much to happen on her birthday. she had a chair building stream planned for later in the day, and didn't have anything else to do for the rest of the day.

until she received a notification on discord from her new friend, hermione.

niki was confused as she read the message sent to her, she thought it would be just a simple 'happy birthday!' message; it was anything but that.

'how hungry are you niki? you need breakfast, right? so how about you head on over to the lucky beach cafe!'

lucky beach cafe? niki hadn't been in brighton for long, but she knew where the cafe was, at least, she thought she did. turned out she needed google maps to help her get there.

but, as the german girl finally arrived at the cafe, she received another message from her blonde friend.

'just go up to the counter and ask for hermione!'

so niki did just that, not questioning how hermione managed to send the message as soon as niki had arrived.

"uh, is hermione here?"

"hermione? we don't have anyone who works here called hermione. though we did get a call earlier from a hermione to give someone called niki any food she wanted for breakfast and then hermione would pay for it."

niki gasped, hermione had done this for her? she knew the blonde girl was kind, but to do this? niki couldn't believe it.

"oh, i'm niki!" niki blurted out, the shock from hermione's kindness still evident on her face.

"are you sure? how do i know you're not lying?" the man at the counter asked.

"uh, she sent me these messages today, saying to head over here." niki responded, holding up her phone, the messages on screen, for the man to see.

"right then, niki, why don't you come on over this way, we'll seat you right down!"

having arrived at her designated table, niki's eyes meandered on the menu, before finally settling on her choice.

pancakes. the sweet breakfast food soon arrived on the table in front of her, a glass of water on the side. the meal looked delicious, and niki would bet that it tasted the way it looked. so she dug in.

as the german streamer scraped the remaining syrup from her plate, she recieved another message from hermione.

'y'know the park you said you'd want to take me to? why don't you head on over there, angel?'

blushing lightly at the nickname, niki took her leave from the cafe, not before getting reassured by the manager that her food had already been paid for.

💐🌸💐

having arrived at the park, the german girl's eyes wandered over the various equipment. contrary to usual, the park was completely empty, nothing was being used, and no one was there.

except a woman who was sitting on the swings.

now, niki usually wouldn't question why the woman was there, let alone walk up to her, but after recognising the build of the woman sat on the swing set, she couldn't help herself.

especially as she recognised the woman to be hermione.

and as hermione spotted the german girl walking up to her, she exclaimed loudly, "niki! i see you finally made it here!" a wide smile gracing her face.

niki looked upon her blonde friend who stood before her, obviously she hadn't expected for hermione to arrive in brighton to see her. let alone on her birthday.

and she couldn't be happier to see her, despite receiving happy birthday messages from her friends all throughout the day.

bringing the blonde girl into a hug, niki resting her head on hermione's chest, only because hermione was on a platform, making her seem taller than she actually was.

"hey niki," hermione spoke, her voice muffled from nuzzling her head into niki's hair, "you wanna go hang out somewhere?"

"sure!" the german streamer responded cheerfully, it was obvious enough that she wanted to spend the day with one of her friends.

though, were they friends? or was hermione something more to niki? that factor niki wasn't so sure about yet. and to be completely honest, she wasn't sure if she'd be ready for a relationship, especially with dating rumours regarding herself and wilbur still circling around the internet.

💐🌸💐

the two girls returned to niki's home after their day out together - it was more of a friendly hang out rather than a date, though that much was given this early into their friendship - a package blocking the door from the outside.

and, seeing how big the package was, niki could tell straight away what it was, her new gaming chair! it must've arrived whilst she was out, that much was obvious, besides, she had been planning to do a chair building stream for a while, and now with it being on her birthday, with hermione there too, made it all the more special.

"hey hermione," niki smiled, turning to the female that had occupied her the majority of the day, "want to help me build my chair on stream?"

if hermione could smile any wider than she already was, it'd be a feat no one else could be capable of, and despite her mouth being stretched into a large smile, nothing would stop the girl from agreeing.

so that was how the two girls spent their evening together, building niki's chair on stream to thousands, the occasional flirting occuring with their hands accidentally touching every now and then, blushes envident on the cheeks.

the two girls wouldn't admit it to each other, this early in their friendship at least, but they severely enjoyed the company of the other, even if they were both oblivious to the romantic tension between them.

💐🌸💐

"white carnations?"

"yeah! they symbolise good luck!"

"and pure love,"

"i guess my love for you is pure too!"

💐🌸💐

we love the gayness :)