11. will you be my girlfriend?

the two girls hadn't seen each other again until late january, the month having flown by despite how busy the two were. but, eventually, they managed to meet once again and sort out another 'hang out'.

subconsciously, the girls probably knew that it wasn't any normal hangouts and that they seemed to be more like dates, but the dominant part of their brains pushed the thoughts aside.

due to their busy schedules, the girls couldn't arrange to hang out until february 1st. and, as the days rolled by ─ february 1st growing ever closer ─ hermione couldn't help but get increasingly excited to see niki once again.

💐🌸💐

as february 1st hit, hermione once again found herself driving her car down to niki's house to pick her up. most of their hang outs had a common theme to them ─ picnics. so, of course, hermione had a picnic blanket in the boot of her car, a basket of food sat comfortably right next to it along with a tent and sleeping gear.

"hiya hermione!" niki greeted the blonde girl happily, smiling away to herself, "you excited for our picnic? i know i am!"

"yeah! i can't wait! i've missed you so much over the last month!"

if possible, niki's smile grew wider as the words slipped from hermione's mouth, the german girl clumsily clambering into the red fiesta, arms laden with bottles of alcohol.

sure, it was only three o'clock, but the field they picked (the one from their first date) wasn't all that close, and so by the time they arrived, it was socially deemed an acceptable time to start drinking.

💐🌸💐

about two hours or so in, and the sky slowly began to darken. not by much, and was barely noticeable, but it was still there.

not much had happened since the girls had arrived, but they had quickly began feeling intoxicated. luckily, as the two girls knew they would be drinking, they also knew that they wouldn't be able to drive back home due to the laws on drink driving. so they had brought a tent with them.

and luckily, they had set it up before their picnic (and drinking) began.

but as the night rolled on, the two only got more intoxicated. and as the saying goes, 'drunk words are sober thoughts'.

"niki," hermione started, "i like you,"

"awh," niki giggled in response, "i like you too, hermione!"

"no, i mean i like like you ─ like i love you,"

niki's giggles stopped as she turned to face hermione, "you really mean it?" she whispered.

"yeah," the blonde girl replied breathlessly as the two moved closer once again, until their lips met (again) in a short but sweet kiss.

even in her drunken state, niki could still taste the strawberry lip gloss hermione used. the flavour moving effortlessly over her lips.

the girls slowly broke apart, resting their foreheads together as they caught their breaths, both of them beginning to giggle lightly ─ the two in a state of happiness. nothing could ruin this moment.

"niki?" hermione asked, "will you be my girlfriend?"

"yes. yes i will!"

nothing could really ruin this moment.

except maybe tommy and wilbur calling them again.

💐🌸💐

"white carnations?"

"yeah! they symbolise good luck!"

"and pure love,"

"i guess my love for you is pure too!"

💐🌸💐

the end :)