07. this december

the days had rolled by since hermione had returned home from niki's house, and the blonde girl had caused a bit of a disturbance within the household. this was due to hermione locking herself in her room as soon as she had returned, only exiting her sanction of safety for meal times (just to retreat back in there as soon as she had received her plate).

hermione was quite a reserved person, so it was surprising to her when she found comfort in niki as soon as the two had met. after all, her so called friends all left her when she came out as lesbian to them. so it was a comfort to know that niki was bisexual and extremely accepting.

though when the blonde girl returned, only to close herself off away from her family, they were worried. well, her sisters - julia and bronte - as well as her brother, tommy, were. apparently, her parents couldn't care less, after all they had more pressing matters to deal with (like bronte's upcoming operation) and tommy and julia's careers as content creators.

so hermione wasn't their top priority.

at all.

💐🌸💐

julia grumbled once again as she glared at hermione's door where 'She' by dodie was blasting throughout the building.

"why can't she turn the music down?" she mumbled, crossing her arms as she tried to work up the courage to knock on the blonde girl's bedroom door.

"whatcha doing?"

julia jumped slightly as she whipped her head around to face her other sister, bronte smirking lightly at her.

"w-well, i was trying to work up the courage to ask hermione to turn down her music, it's distracting me from my art," julia stuttered, watching as bronte's eyebrow rose in a questioning manner.

"then just ask her, though she's probably not in the best mood - hasn't come out of there in days. plus she's always been alone, no one's really been there for her except niki, so i think hermione's developed feelings for her and is too scared to confront them," bronte responded as she leaned her weight onto her right foot, jabbing her thumb in the direction of hermione's room.

the blonde's glare softened as she realised what her younger sister was going through. sure it wasn't much, but she didn't have anyone in the family to support her now - let alone through her entire eighteen years of living.

now it was time for her to step up as an older sister. so she knocked on the other blonde female's door, her knuckles aching slightly from the force as they attacked the wooden door gently.

"hermione? can i come in?" julia asked, bronte piping up behind her older sister, "and me!"

"sure, whatever," hermione responded, her tone dull and lifeless.

the two sisters pushed open her door before reeling back in shock as their eyes widened. there, hermione was lying in her bed with only the light from her phone illuminating the room. her hair was dirty and matted, whilst her face was strewn with tear stains.

"hermione? you ok honey?"

"what does it look like?" she responded, moving herself round so she sat up in her bed whilst her two older sisters both took a seat - bronte on hermione's bed and julia on the desk chair.

"i messed up when i was at niki's!" hermione exclaimed, tears once again threatening to fall from her eyes.

"what happened?" julia asked softly, a clear contrast to her normal character.

"i kissed her! i kissed niki, and i think i have feelings for her! but she doesn't like me back, i'm pretty sure she doesn't at least!"

bronte and julia both turned and made eye contact with each other as hermione explained, their little sister needed them and that's exactly what they were going to do.

the rest of the day was spent with the three girls hanging out together - after they had coaxed hermione out of bed and into the shower - and trying to cheer the blonde girl up.

and it seemed to work, but bronte and julia wouldn't know for how long it would last.

💐🌸💐

"white carnations?"

"yeah! they symbolise good luck!"

"and pure love,"

"i guess my love for you is pure too!"

💐🌸💐

bro why did it take me so long to write this (despite the fact that i finished exams like two weeks ago-)