08. i'm a wreck when i'm without you

niki was confused. it was perfectly valid for her to be. after all, she hadn't heard from hermione in days ─ possibly even weeks given her sudden lack of time management.

the german girl hadn't heard anything. not even receiving the daily 'good morning' and 'have a great day' messages that had become a common occurance between the two. and granted, niki's mood had obviously damped since.

so much so, that wilbur ─ the man who was usually the one being checked up on ─ actually checked up on niki instead.

"so you've received absolutely nothing from her?" wilbur asked, trying to make sense of the whole situation as they spoke in a vc.

"mhm," niki responded downheartedly, "i'm scared that she's going through something and is pushing everyone away,"

"i don't think she's pushing everyone away," wilbur reluctantly announced, "tommy told me she locked herself in her room for about a week, before finally talking to her family again ─ she's also been messaging me every day..."

niki felt close to crying, small droplets of water beginning to cloud her vision. hermione had been avoiding her but no one else? what had she done to make the blonde girl do this?

"niki," wilbur started softly, "have you thought that maybe she doesn't want to burden you with what she's going through?"

"but we've always gone to each other for emotional support!" the girl exclaimed frustratedly, she didn't know what to believe anymore.

though what she did know, was that hermione blanking her hurt. and that was due to feelings for the blonde girl beginning to take hold in niki.

💐🌸💐

niki hadn't streamed in a few days. it had been at least a week since she had spoke to wilbur ─ at least, she thought it'd been that long ─ and the world was now halfway through december, slowly gaining their way towards the end of an overall shitty year. the one thing that had saved the year for niki was the friends she had made, especially a certain loud mouthed blonde's sister ─ the youngest one of the three (hermione, julia and bronte).

the german girl wasn't sure how, but hermione had managed to brighten the last few months of the year, making fun of the whole locked in situation ─ complaining about the government and how they were handling everything.

after all, they weren't doing extremely well ─ better than some other countries, but still not the best.

the lack of interaction with the people in her area lead to the sudden influx of online friends, and niki couldn't be more grateful.

but she just wasn't sure when she started feeling like her heart was going to burst out of her chest whenever she spoke to hermione. her palms got sweaty and her heart palpitated rapidly. she felt tounge tied and unable to process her thoughts around the blonde girl.

for the life of her, niki couldn't understand what she was going through. after all, love was hard to figure out.

💐🌸💐

"white carnations?"

"yeah! they symbolise good luck!"

"and pure love,"

"i guess my love for you is pure too!"

💐🌸💐

i'm so sorry for not updating in a month-

i got ill like twice and was put on a shit ton of shifts at work

but i've also been on one of my friend's streams a lot, so go follow them at:

twitch.tv/scrunchie_

n e ways- imma try and update this more, after all, it only has a few more chapters left :)