━━ 𝐳𝒆𝐫𝒐.

❝ 𝐒𝐮𝐮𝐬 ' 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚. ❞

NEW BEGINNING

NEW BEGINNING

TO STRIVE TO BE THE BEST

TO STRIVE TO BE THE BEST. THAT'S WHAT YOUR FATHER HAD ENGRAVED INTO YOUR YOUNG MIND. He said to never falter, even if the world itself would be at stakes. It was in all honesty, admirable of said man. 

It was a day like no other, eerily brighter than usual. 

You were perching on a tree branch, legs swaying to the murmuring of the trees. Your head would occasionally loll to the side to commemorate with the wind, getting a laugh at your antics. Bright orbs scanning upon the field of numerous exotic blooms. Each varying from the other, yet so parallel at the same time. 

They reminded you of... Well, you. You stood out from your siblings like a sore thumb. It was either by your luck to get your father's genes or by great coincidence that you grew a pair of horns a moment after your birth. Now, with their pointy tip barely sprouting out from your locks, you were aware of how they managed to drag you into being the deer trapped in stage-light.

But your siblings never hated you for being different. 

Instead, they appreciated you. Looked after you just like how any other siblings would do to each other. 

The warmth of the bond was enough to set you aflame. You cared about them so much. And until this day, you wished you would be able to confess your gratitude the next time you see them. 

But the story wouldn't be completed without a conflict now would it? 

It would only seem bland. Unworthy of any attention... 

That night had been so vivid. A calloused hand dragging you by your forearm as you fumbled and staggered on your footing. Squirming and wailing your head off, yet he never paid you a glance. You could hear your siblings shouting for you, akin to that of a mother duck seeking her lost child. They sounded so... lost, so despaired

With ease, he flung your little, and fragile body into his carriage. Your shoulder crashed against the soft cushion, they hadn't managed to make it less painful but you can tell they had tried to do so. After all, it's not like his strength was something one could pay little to no mind to.

Tears pooling on the corner of your eyes, you told them that one day you will be freed. It was futile, the door had slammed on your face before you could shout out the words. 

And with that, he drove away. 

You blinked. 

You lifted your gloved hand at eye level, letting it twist around to make sure that you were no longer submerging inside your daydreams. 

Your ceremonial robe was something that fitted each curve of your body loosely. The sleeves were a little too long for your liking, judging by how you struggled to raise your hand without actually making them look uncomfortable. 

To be fair, you paid no mind to it. You're only going to sport this once within a year after all. 

You staggered when a person bumped against your shoulder, albeit a little hard on the note. The lilac strands jutting out from his robe's hood caught your interest, it's not every day you see someone owning one. Feeling a little spiteful at his continuous silent ogling, you thought to yourself. "First day and someone already decided to push me? How marvelous."

"Ah—! Right... I'm sorry." he straightened up, his eyes flickering to the side. 

"I said that out loud didn't I?" He nodded deliberately, 

"Huh."

Your eyes left his figure, directing your gaze on the ceremony itself and not some random p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ boy you met. 

If you're going to pursue your father's footsteps in becoming a great magician. You will swear upon your family name that you will never fall into the same rabbit hole he did. 

[unedited]

( since I kept fooling people, guess I'll just transfer my twst x reader into wp 🧍‍♀️well anyway, this story might change from the twisted wonderland plot, such as Yuu's existence! -that's right, you're not Yuu in this-

well anyway, this story might change from the twisted wonderland plot, such as Yuu's existence! -that's right, you're not Yuu in this-

oh, and in case you skipped the description,

This is a twisted wonderland x gender neutral! reader )