Downtown

We made it into the building but heard the groans of the infected echoing through the building.

ELLIE'S POV

We heard infected and I grabbed Logan's arm because the last time I was around infected was... that day. I was happy that Logan was back but I didn't want to lose him again so i stayed by him.

LOGAN'S POV

I felt a hand grab my arm, and when I looked down it was Ellie's. I put my hand on hers and looked at her.

"It's gonna be okay, Ellie." I kissed her forehead, not thinking much of it other than a way to calm her. When i turned to her, all i could see was her smile and red face.
I tried a door but it was stuck.
"Ellie, give me your knife" She handed it to me and i used it to pry the door open and right as I did that, I got tackled by a clicker.

"Get off!" Tess pushed the clicker off and shot it in the head
"Thanks"
"Yeah"
"Logan, come down here with me, Tess you stay with Ellie." Joel motioned at me to go down with him, but Ellie's grip got tighter around my arm.
"Logan?" She looked afraid, as if her letting go would make me disappear forever.
"Don't worry Ellie, I'll be right back okay?" I looked at her sincere and she let go of my arm.
"Be careful."
"I will"
"Logan."
"I'm coming, jeez"
Joel and I dropped down and saw a bunch of infected.
"You go right, I go left" I nodded, picking up a pipe from the ground and silently taking out the infected. A floorboard made a break, causing all the infected to run at us.

--Time Skip--

We had taken out the Infected, leaving me covered in blood, pulling my hood down to wipe it off.

"Alright, come down!" Joel shouted at Tess and Ellie. Ellie ran up to me.

ELLIE'S POV

"Holy shit are you okay?!" I touched Logan's face, wiping the blood off of his face with my sleeve. "Logan, your eye." I put my hand on his cheek.
"Oh yeah, i've had that scar since um... that day." I got worried and caressed his cheek.
"Does it hurt?"
Right as he was about to answer we heard Joel's thick accent. "Hey, enough chitchat get over here!"
Logan went to help Joel and Tess with the door as i scavenged for food or supplies.

LOGAN'S POV

"So, you and Ellie?" Joel gave me a smirk.
"What? No. No. It's not like that."
"She likes you." Tess chimed in, smirking as well.
"No she doesn't"
"You see the way she worries"
"Yeah cause I'm her best friend"
"Right" They looked at each other and chuckled.
"Can we just, get this door open?"

--Time Skip--

After the big building, we ended up in what Tess called a "Museum" saying there's things here that are ancient.

"Wow, we found something older than Joel." Ellie and I laughed.
"Very funny kid."
"Yeah it was pretty funny."
"Alright, through here." Joel and I lifted a big piece of wood letting Ellie and Tess go through, but we couldn't hold on and it collapsed, not crushing us though.
"Joel, Logan? You guys okay?"
"Still alive"
"Yeah were okay"
"Holy shit, Ellie. RUN" A bunch of clickers and runners chased after them.
"We gotta find a way around" I looked at Joel.