Pittsburgh pt.2

After a few minutes of sitting down i tried getting back up but i still had a bad limp.

"Logan! Here let me help you." She grabbed my arm and put it around her. It didn't do much considering i'm a few inches taller than her but it did help with the pressure.

There were gunshots so we hid behind some cars.
"Joel, over there" I whispered as I pulled out my pistol.
"You sure you can do this?" Ellie looked at me with a worried face
"Yeah, just stay here."
"Okay. Be careful." I nodded to her.

More hunters climbed on top of the bus that was in front of us but Joel and I took them out.
As we climbed over the Bus we saw that the road was just covered in water.

"Oh great. More water." Ellie sighed
"Get on my back i'll take you"
"You sure?"
"Yeah get on."
"Okay just don't let me drown."
"No promises." I giggled

After a few seconds we heard a car driving on the bridge right in front of us, but it had a mounted military turret on it.

"Oh this place is bad" I said as Ellie jumped on my shoulders to get into the hotel.

"Wow, I wonder what it would've been like before it all went to shit" I said as I climbed in.
"Joel, you ever stay in a place like this?"
Ellie motioned to the stairwell.
"No, this is too rich for my blood"
"It looks like it would've been amazing."

--Time Skip--

We had cleared out the first few floors of the hotel, leading us to an elevator shaft.

"Logan, help me open this." Joel and I pulled on the doors.
"Here, we can walk on the ledge." Joel started walking on the ledge as I grabbed Ellie's arm and followed him.
"Don't look down, don't look down." Ellie was afraid to look down the elevator shaft, so i got her attention.
"Ellie, look at me."
She did as I asked.
"Remember that time, when we threw bricks at car windows to see who can break them all the fastest?"
"Yeah, at the mall."
She kept looking at me, instead of looking down.
"Why do you ask?" We we're now at the other side of the shaft, about to go up into the other floor.
"Because it distracted you from looking down" I gave her a smile, and she smiled back.
"Alright kids, we gotta climb this wall." We weren't too far down so we could just jump and reach.
Ellie and Joel got up first but as Joel was jumping up, the elevator fell.
"AHHH!! Aww fuck my leg." The bottom of the hotel was flooded, so I had to swim up.
"LOGAN! ARE YOU OKAY?"
"Yea i'm okay. Are you guys okay?"
"No! You scared the shit out of me! I'm gonna climb down okay?"
"No! Stay there, I'll make my way up to you!"
"Okay! Be careful!"
"You too! Okay... how am I going to get out of here." I was at least 5 stories down so it would be one hell of a journey up.
I had to swim down a bunch of passages, until i saw a generator.
"Okay, jackpot" I turned the generator on but that attracted a bunch of infected.
"Oh you gotta be shitting me."
I fought off all the infected plus a fucking bloater. "Jesus, i hate those things." And I got through the door.
"Okay. Now to make my way up to Ellie."
I heard a gunshot as I opened the door to what seemed to be a kitchen. I ran through and saw Ellie holding a gun and Joel crouched on the ground.
"Hey. You guys okay?"
Ellie ran up to me and gave me a tight hug.
"I missed you."
"I missed you too."
"What happened?"
"I shot a guy on top of Joel and now I feel sick."
Joel then got up and grabbed the gun Ellie was holding.
"Why didn't you stay back like I told you to huh?"
"Well you're glad I didn't right?"
"I'm glad I didn't get my head blown off by a god damn kid."
I got pissed at the way Joel spoke to Ellie so I stood in front of her.
"Hey! Leave her alone, she just saved your ass you know. A thank you would be nice."
He scoffed and looked up.
"I think this is the way out."
"Whatever Joel." I rubbed Ellie's back in a way to comfort her.
We climbed up a ladder Joel had placed there and got out of the hotel.