Pittsburgh

I joined Ellie in the backseat as Joel got in the car. I rested my back on the door with my legs spread out in front of me.
"You take up all the space." Ellie furrowed her eyebrows at me.
"Well sucks to suck then." I giggled.
She then moved and sat in front of me, laying on my chest. She could feel my heart beat and how it sped up.
"What're you doing?" I looked down at her.
"Making room."
My face got a bit red.

She pulled out a comic book called Savage Starlight and I read it in silence with her. From time to time she would push herself up, getting closer to me every time. I wasn't complaining though.

"Aw, man!"
"What happened to sleeping?" Joel had finally spoken after around an hour of just being silent.
"This here is not a bad read, the only problem is 'To Be Continued.' Man i hate cliffhangers
"It was just getting good too" I chimed in.
"Hey, where'd you get that?" Joel looked through the rear view mirror.
"Uh, back at Bill's. I mean all this stuff was just laying there-"
"What else did you get?" Joel let out a big sigh
Ellie sat up but was still basically sitting on my lap.
"This make you all nostalgic?" She pulled out a cassette tape.
"Actually this is before my time. That is a winner though." Joel played it but it sounded tampered.
"Well better than nothing."
She also pulled out something called Men's Magazine.
"I also got this. It's light on the reading but has some interesting photos."
"Now Ellie that ain't for kids."
"Hold your horses, I wanna see what all the fuss is about."
"Ellie-"
"Woahh! How would he even walk around with that thing?"
I started laughing lightly.
She handed it to me.
"Wait, why are these all stuck together?" I chimed in
Ellie started laughing.
"Uh-" Joel seemed concerned but it was funny.
"I'm just fucking with you" I rolled down the window.
"Bye bye dude!" Throwing the magazine out the window.
Joel looked at us again.
"Why don't you kids try getting some sleep."
"Pft, i'm not even tired." Ellie said that but then immediately placed her head right under my neck as i could feel her breathing, and i had my arms around her belly, holding her as if my life depended on it. Then i quickly drifted to sleep.

--Time Skip--

Joel slammed the breaks, causing me and Ellie to wake up and sit up.

"HELP, PLEASE HELP" A random guy started asking for help on the road.
"Joel... Don't" I looked at him as he put his seatbelt on.
"Put on your seatbelts." We did as we were told.
"What about the guy?" Ellie didn't know what was actually about to happen, but she still listened to us.
"Motherfuckers not even hurt." I said as Joel slammed on the gas, and the guy shot at us but we hit him.
"Oh, not good!" A bus crashed into the side of us, causing us to swerve into an old store.
"You guys okay?" Joel asked as we undid our seatbelts.
"Yeah." We said in unison.
"So get out."
As we were leaving the car someone grabbed Ellie and someone else grabbed Joel.
"Let go of me you chicken shit"
I grabbed the makeshift shiv i had from my bag and stabbed the guy holding Ellie, in the neck.
"What the fuck is wrong with these people."
"A lot."
"We are leaving." Joel tossed us our bags as we got shot at, hitting me in the leg.
"Motherfucker." I sat down in pain, not being able to stand.
"Logan! Oh fuck, are you okay?"
"Ellie... move!" I pushed her out of the way as i shot one of the guys that was trying to sneak up on her.
"Fuck." I grabbed my leg, applying pressure.
"Logan! A little help!" Joel called for me but I gave Ellie my gun.
"Help him. I kinda can't right now."
She got up to help him but as she got up, Joel finished the job and no longer needed help.
"You good?" Joel came up to us.
"Fan-fucking-tastic"
"We need to help him" Ellie put her hand on my wound.
"First, we need to get out of here."
"Joel!"
"We'll help him just get him over here." Joel pulled on the chains to open up a garage door.
Ellie helped me up and I limped all the way to the door with my arm around her.
"Shit this fucking hurts." I was losing a lot of blood.
"You'll be okay." Ellie tried reassuring me even though she was panicking as well.

--Time Skip--

We made it to what seemed to be the hunter's old hideout. It was clear so i sat down and cut off the right leg of my pants, showing the scar on my thigh and the bullet wound.

"Holy shit, what's with the scar."
"I'll explain later"
I took out a bandage and some alcohol.
"Here let me do it." I nodded and gave her the rag as Ellie started cleaning the wound and I was biting down on the now cut off pant leg, muffling my agonizing screams.
"There you go." She finished wrapping my leg. She touched it softly.
"Thanks Ellie."
"Don't mention it."