The End

JOEL'S POV

I came to in a room, with a hospital bed.
"Ah shit." I stood up with a horrible headache.
"Welcome to the Fireflies." I looked at the other side of the room and saw Marlene.
"Sorry about the- they didn't know who you were."
"Where's Logan?"
"Oh, the kid."
"Yes the kid, where is he!" I got louder as my worry grew.
"I've been trying to catch that little bastard but I couldn't cause he was always with you."
"What?" I was baffled.
"Don't worry, we took care of him."
I immediately thought of Ellie.
"Where's Ellie?"
"She's getting prepped for surgery."
"The hell you mean surgery?"
"The doctors say, the infection in her somehow mutated."
"But the infection grows in the brain."
"Yes, but with her we can get a vaccine. A vaccine!" Marlene sounded real happy for someone who is trying to kill a child.
"Find someone else."
"There is no one else!" Marlene looked at the soldier in the room.
"Escort him out, if he tried anything then kill him."

As I was pushed by the soldier, i stepped on his foot and turned around, grabbing his gun and shooting his groin.
"Where is the girl?"
He didn't answer so I shot again.
"Where!"
"On the third floor, the operation wing."
I shot him in the stomach, and grabbed my backpack that was sitting on the counter, and made my way to the third floor. I wanted to go get Logan, but Ellie's life is the one that mattered to me most at that moment.

I killed all of the soldiers that I saw, trying desperately to get to the third floor, and I did.

I opened the door to see Ellie on the operation table and two surgeons.

"Hey! Stop, think of all the lives we'll save." The surgeon grabbed a scalpel, but I shot him, and the other one.

"Cmon baby girl, I gotcha."

I grabbed Ellie and went to the elevator, going down to the garage, but I was met with Marlene.

"Joel, what are you doing?" She had her hands up.
"Get out of my way."
"No! This is bigger than her or than us. This will save lives."
I didn't want to hear her speech so i shot her in the stomach.

She groaned and after a few seconds spoke.

"Let me go! Let me live."

"No, you'd just come after her."

I shot her in the head, and found a car that still worked. I put Ellie in the backseat, and drove off. Thinking of a way to explain this to her, and how to tell her about Logan.

After around ten minutes she started waking up.

"What the hell am I wearing?"

"Take it easy, the drugs are still wearing off."

"What did they say, where's Logan?"

"They stopped looking for a cure. And Logan uhm..." I cleared my throat.

"Logan didn't make it."

Ellie turned away and started crying.

--Time Skip--

I slammed the hood of the car down. " Well the engines fried, gonna have to walk for a few minutes.

Ellie was quiet as she kept looking at her knife.

"Hey uhm."

I turned to face her as she spoke.

"Swear to me, that what you said about the Fireflies was true, that they stopped looking for a cure."

"I swear."

--Time Skip--

It had been a few weeks since we got back to Jackson. Ellie was quiet, and she was always drawing this big portrait of Logan in her room, to hang up.

She finished it one day, and I walked into her room to see it.

"Wow. That's really something."

She turned to me.

"I miss him."

"Yeah, me too kiddo." I closed the door.

--Time Skip--
LOGAN'S POV

I came to, and saw that the hospital was covered in dead bodies. I couldn't find Joel or Ellie anywhere, then i found hands grab me from behind.

"Hey, get off me!" They put a rag up to my face.

I got knocked out again.

As I woke up I was surrounded by a bunch of people. I couldn't make out what they were saying or how they looked like. All i could think was.

'I miss you Ellie'