Sewers

"Aw this place reeks" I put my hand over my nose.
Joel scoffed
"Logan, Ellie. Let's check this side out."
Henry and Sam went to the other side.

Joel and I tried opening a door but it was stuck on the other side.
"If you can get that open I can crawl to the other side." Ellie pointed to a small vent near the ground.
"Alright but open the door." Joel opened the vent as Ellie crawled through.
"Voila" She took the crowbar that was stuck on the door, off and threw it on the ground.
"Oh hello." I found a pistol laying next to a corpse in the corner of the room.
"Ellie, come here."
"What's up?"
I was filling the clip of the pistol with some ammo i found earlier.
"Here" I gave Ellie the gun and she smiled.
"Thanks Logan."
"You know how to turn off the safety right?"
"Uhh... no" I chuckled and pointed to a switch on the side of the gun.
"You pull this down" The gun clicked
"Then you hold it with one hand under for support." I grabbed her hands and held out the gun, putting her hands on the gun with my hands on top of hers.
"And you shoot." I hadn't put the clip in, so the gun just made a clicking sound.
"How do you reload?" She gave me an innocent but excited look.
I grabbed the clip, now filled with bullets and put it in the gun.
"You push this all the way in, until you hear a click, and then you pull back on the top part of the gun."
"Okay I think I got it."
I turned the safety back on.
"I know you do." We looked at each other for a sec.
"Joel, guys! We found something, come here!" Henry called, causing an echo in the sewers.

We walked towards Henry and saw this big pool, and on the other side was a generator.
"Uhm. I can't swim" Ellie looked at Henry.
"Yea me neither." Sam looked at Ellie.
"You guys really need to learn how to swim." I teased them.
"Oh fuck you." Ellie always said that in a playful manner, and it warms my heart.
"Alright, Logan. You and I are gonna get to the other side and I want you to turn on the generator." Joel gives me a pat on the shoulder.
"Alright, let's do this." I jumped in the water and so did Joel.

As we got to the other side I stood on Joel's shoulder and got on the ledge.

"Get on the platform" I told Henry, Ellie and Sam, as I grabbed Joel's arm and tried pulling him up.

--Time Skip--

After the generator, we got through what looked to be someone's old hideout.

"Ready?" I looked over as Ellie was about to kick a soccer ball at Sam.
They both laughed as Sam caught the ball.
"Henry, did you see that?" Sam got all excited.
"Let's keep it down buddy, okay?" Henry shut Sam down, and I felt bad for him so i walked up to him.
"You got skills kid, you should be a goal keeper." He chuckled, and walked away.
I looked over at Ellie just to see her smile at me.

We heard clicking, the sound of infected.
Taking them all out was easy cause there was only a few.
"Now we know what happened to the people who lived here." Joel said as we kept walking.

I saw a gate, so I went to open it, causing this massive concrete door to slam on us, splitting us up in two groups. It was me and Sam on one side, and Ellie, Joel, And Henry on the other side.

"Ah shit, my fault I must've triggered something." Joel and Henry tried lifting it.
"Logan?" Ellie walked up to the little window the door had.
"I'm okay. Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm alright"
The sound of infected got louder on their side.
"Guys, you need to go!" I shouted at them.
"Sam, you stay close to him, you keep him safe!" Henry pointed at me.

"Alright Sam. Let's find a way around to them."
"Yeah."
I found a shotgun on the table, so i picked it up and loaded the shotgun shells that sat next to it.
"You know how to use that thing?"
"Yeah, i've done it once or twice." I cocked the shotgun back.
"Great." Sam didn't feel reassured.

After killing all the infected in our area, we found a kids room.
"Looks like a classroom. But where are the kids?" Sam looked around.
"Uh, they probably ran away."
"Right."

We heard Ellie's screams as they got louder.
"Ellie?" I turned around to see the three of them running towards us with a ton of infected right behind them.
"RUN!" Henry shouted at us and we ran to what seemed to be a locker room area.
"Oh shit." I tried catching my breath, as I felt Ellie hug me tightly.
"You're okay."
"Still standing."
She let go as Henry found a small window above the door.
"Sam get over here." He boosted Sam up.
"Ellie go with Sam" I motioned towards Henry.
"Not without you."
"I'll be okay, just try to get the door open."
"Fuck, okay." Henry then boosted Ellie up as well.
The sound of infected got louder and louder as they reached to where we were, leaving us three to fend for ourselves.
After a long minute or two, Ellie and Sam opened the door and we were able to get out.
"Oh shit." I was catching my breath as I saw some letters on the building.
'Don't go in. Infected.'
"Oh are fucking kidding me." Everyone looked to the sign.
"Thanks for the warning on the other side guys." We shook our heads and turned around to keep going.