Liar liar, pants on fire. I am so sorry, Kaminari. | XX

I couldn't resist this meme, it is a true treasure.

 Also see: Byakugo, Byakugoing, Byakugan.

_ _ _ _

I stood up from my seat, making eye contact with Iida and running over my strategies to defeat him. We both walked into the arena, standing on opposite sides of the packed dirt. Glancing up into the stands, I saw a few pro heroes, including All Might, Endeavour, a young man with bright red wings and the most spectacular eyeliner I've ever seen, and someone with their back to me who I couldn't see.

"BEGIN!" Mic shouted, and a loud explosion shook the entire stadium

_ _ _ _

The noise and ensuing pandemonium occurred in five separate locations across the stadium.

One, right in the middle of the arena, in the area between Iida and I. It shook the ground and rocks, dirt, and other shrapnel flew in all directions. I was thrown to the ground away from the blast, and the same happened to Iida.

Mostly unharmed, I scanned my body for injuries. One of my wrists was definitely broken, bent backwards until the bone poked out through the skin. I admired this recent development with some interest, not really associating it with pain or injury, just an odd phenomenon that one did not see very often.

The other blasts emanated from four separate locations, right at the front of where the stands were. It was not a powerful explosion, designed to cause panic not actually hurt anyone.

It had served its purpose.

The crowd was all screaming, joyful expressions and hero banners abandoned, small children being trampled by terrified adults. I felt the presence of three figures at my side, lifting me into a standing position. My arm was yanked, and I screamed in pain, finally realizing the extent to which my wrist was broken.

I turned around, and with blurry, pain-filled eyes, saw the figures of Toga, Shigaraki, and Dabi standing there.

"Why would you do that? Setting a bomb during the sports festival? You could have killed so many people," I demanded, cradling my wrist to my chest.

"Do you see the panic we've caused? This is what we live for!" Dabi explained, and I could see the fire in his eyes as I'd never seen before. "You see him, over there?" He pointed to Endeavour, his father, who was angrily helping with the civilian evacuation. "I hate people like him. A fake hero in a world of fake heroes, pretending to help others for their own selfish reasons."

Through the smoke of the bombs and the screaming of the civilians, I saw a figure approaching, limping heavily and definitely injured. It was Shinso Hitoshi, looking disgusted and betrayed.

"It's you, isn't it?" He said, clutching a shrapnel wound on the side of his abdomen, which was bleeding profusely, but not enough to be a fatal injury.

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused at what he was asking.

"You're the U.A. traitor, the one who's bringing information to the League of Villains," He said, gesturing to the three standing behind me.

"No, I-" Trying to explain myself, I stuttered, extending my non-injured hand towards the disgusted boy.

"I can't believe you," He said, turning and limping off back into the cloud of debris and dust.

"I'm sorry, Shinso," I whispered to his retreating form. I wish he'd yelled at me, beaten me within a sliver of my life, or shouted to everyone that I was the traitor. Anything but this silence, this deafening disgust, yet acceptance that this is what I am, and there is no changing it. The silence is so much worse.