Oh Shiitake Muffins, (and yes I do mean muffins) | XVII

{After Todoroki, Bakugo, Deku, and Kirishima tried sneaking out}
Aizawa: I need you to be completely straight with me...
All: {Gay Silence}

 _ _ _ 

In the days leading up to the festival, everyone trained five times more than usual. I fought in practice battles with almost all of my classmates (and got destroyed half the time). I had picked up some habits from Deku and started carefully cataloging information about everyone and their quirks.

In a moment of bad judgement, I went into the room that had all the school's paperwork during lunch when there was nobody there. I guess constantly being around villains had started to wear off on me. It took no effort to find the festival's technical description papers, and so I stole them. Because when you can't win, cheat.

I brought the papers to the copy machine and made a copy to keep. I stapled the papers, put them in my backpack, and returned the original copy to the paperwork room.

I know I should've felt bad, like I was giving myself an unfair advantage over my classmates, but I didn't feel that way at all. I felt like I was evening out the playing ground. They had quirks, I knew what the trials were going to be. Seems fair enough, right?

I hid the papers in a folder with all the other handouts from classes and waited until the end of the day to go home.

As I turned the corner of Flower Bridge Street, about twenty minutes from home, I ran into Toga. She was standing on the bridge that the street was named for, staring over the edge into the pristine river below. After vigorously searching the area for any other L.o.V members and not seeing any, I cautiously walked up to Toga.

I immediately noticed that she looked sad, staring at the water with a brooding expression.

"Hey, vampire girl, you doing okay?" She didn't look up, smile, or threaten to take all of my blood if I called her vampire girl one more time.

"Yeah," She said, picking at the wood beams of the bridge with her fingernails.

"Do you need a hug?"

"... actually, yeah,"

I hugged Toga with all my strength, trying not to impale myself with the bristles of syringes and blood samples sticking up out of her Hello Kitty backpack. She let go after a few minutes, looking a bit more composed and cheery.

"What happened?" I asked, looking her dead in the eyes.

"Shigaraki and Dabi, they said some mean things about me,"

"What did they say?"

"They think I'm dispensible, the youngest and most naiive member of the team. I'm worthless, and they're finally rubbing it in."

"That's not true, and you know it. You have the most awesome quirk, and you're my favourite, too," 

I grabbed her hand and brought her home with me. 

When we walked in my front door, Toga got super excited and her frown faded off her face completely. 

My mom came out of the back room with a plate of apples, cheese, and a bowl of cheeze-its for my little sister. When she saw Toga (who I might add had a large smear of blood on her cheek that I had overlooked) she set the food down and smiled at Toga and I. 

"Hey honey, who's this?" She asked, and my mother came in from the living room, sensing the presence of food and a guest. 

"Oh this is my friend from the lea- from school, Toga." Hehe, that would have been an interesting conversation if I'd said L.o.V....