Do y'all even have a popcorn machine? | XIV

❤️ Tomorrow will be a better day. ❤️

Y'all, I am so sorry for being a lazy author. I knocked out my character twice just so it would be a seamless and easy task to get them kidnapped. Please forgive me! 

_ _ _ _

I don't specifically remember waking up. It was more like drifting into consciousness gradually, like how the sun sets in the night and if you're watching too carefully you can't see the sun going down until you realize it's dark now and was light fifteen minutes ago.

I remember feeling the cold first. It was drafty and damp and didn't make sense to me at all, because I was dreaming of lying in a patch of grass in the sun.

After I felt the cold, I started to feel the ground. It was really hard and had no give to it at all. I got even more confused, because grass is not hard or cold. I started to wonder if I was actually in a warm field of grass soaking up the sun.

I still kept my eyes closed, not wanting to give up the warmth and softness of the grass quite yet.

After I felt the cold and the hard ground, I started to hear the chatter. It sounded like four or five people of varying ages and genders were all talking loudly over each other. It had a weird far away and muffled tinny sound. It was like I was listening to them through soundproof headphones with the preferences for bass all the way at zero and pitch all the way at 100.

I looked around the warm grassy field only to see it fading to black dust around me, like Thanos had decided to demolish everything in the universe.

When my eyes adjusted to whatever the shizmuffins was around me, the first thing I said was "Wow, it's dark in here."

"You got kidnapped by the league of villains and the first thing you say is 'it's dark in here'? I'm disappointed in you, Ishizaki." A scratchy and amused-sounding voice came from the corner of the room where a sliver of light was visible, coming from a partially-open doorway.

"Uh, yeah? What else am I supposed to comment on, Dabi." I snarked back. I heard a low chuckle and some footsteps into the room before the door shut. I heard a clicking sound like a chain for a light being pulled, and a light turned on.

"Wow, it's bright in here," I said, trying to rub my eyes with my fists but not able to because something was keeping me from moving my hands.

"No crap Columbus," Dabi said, his boots scuffing on the floor as he walked to the opposite side of the room from me.

I kept struggling to pull my hands towards my face and wondering why I still couldn't see beyond a blurry smear of blinding white light.

After a few more minutes of being very confused and half-blind, I realized that my wrists were restrained and someone had tied a very thin piece of fabric over my eyes, which didn't block out light, unfortunately, just made everything slightly blurry. I shook my head violently from side to side until the fabric dropped onto the ground and I could see less fuzzy again.

The room was smallish and dingy, like a hotel room that you only paid two thousand yen for. There was a cheap cot set up in one corner with a small frayed blanket and no pillow. The floors looked like they hadn't been swept since the 1800's and the faded blue paint on the walls was chipping, showing the greying plaster behind it.

"This is not a nice room," I commented to Dabi, trying and failing to free my hands.

"Aren't you just Captain Obvious today," He snarled, leaning against one of the cracked walls.