fun with fondue

Third Point of View

The film was taken on the anniversary of Lisa's parents, Mary and John. They had always celebrated the important day with the four ladies since the group's formation. However, due to their careers, they were unable to go every time, and they acknowledged that the four had more important things to do in their lives. The four women, fortunately, had cleared all of their calendars for Lisa's parents.

Despite having a private life, Mary and John allowed Lisa to film for the whole day. They will always be there for their daughter, even if it means documenting how they typically spend their anniversary.

Lisa began the video in a high-pitched voice, "We're here at my parents' house!" She had her arm around the waist of her girlfriend, who was beaming brightly. Rose and Jisoo were close behind, swinging their arms around to display the front gate of their parents' house.

They noticed the parents coming out of the gate and invited them inside since they were attracting attention. After all, they are famous worldwide.

Lisa's parents were greeted with hugs and kisses by the four of them. The old woman and the men hugged back, missing their daughter and the three women they called daughters.

Chaeyoung murmured in the embrace, "Hi, Mom and Dad." The elderly lady held her as tightly as she could, while the older man caressed her hair with his fingers.

  "How are you guys?" asks John of the four women. They responded with only positive phrases to express how they felt, which made him glad that all of them were doing amazing, exactly as he had wanted.

  "Some of your aunt's and uncle's are here." Mary informed them that they had other guests as well.

When they entered the house, Lisa's cousins, aunts, and uncles greeted them. The elderly couple couldn't help but grin when they saw all of their daughters in the house with bright smiles on their favorite date.

Lisa's aunt, whom she also considered a second mother, approached her and squeezed her cheeks like she had done since she was a child. With a smile on her face, the dancer scrunched her nose.

  "Hi, auntie," she welcomed her and hugged her.

The camera was handled by Jennie in the following clip. She was in the kitchen with the mother of her girlfriend. While they were arriving at the house, the elderly woman was showing her various foods that they had prepared. They get along well because they both like cooking, especially for the people they care about, like Lisa.

  "Mom, can you share them–" she pointed to the camera. "--what's the most important thing when it comes to cooking for your family and friends?"

Mary gave it some thought for a while, then said, "I would say to always add love when you're cooking." she answered.

Jennie nodded her head in agreement.

  "Whatever you're feeling when you're cooking, the outcome of the taste will be the same." The elderly lady went on to explain what she meant. "When you're angry, the meal tastes bitter."

  "So, only cook when you're in the right mood!" Jennie is looking at the camera. Lisa's mother nodded her head in the background.

  "Jennie, try this sticky rice. It's really good." Mary said, holding a spoon filled with sticky rice prepared by one of the uncles.

In the following film, Jisoo is in charge of the camera. She was playing with the kids in the backyard of the house. They had opted to conceal the children's faces in order to protect their identities. After all, they respect their parents' decision.

  "You guys won't catch me! I'm super fast!" She muttered this while fleeing away from the children. Jisoo was rushing around the backyard of the house with a camera in her face. There were maybe three youngsters racing after her. Her breathing was labored, and she was a giggling mess as she ran.

She collided with her girlfriend, who she didn't realize was conversing with one of Lisa's cousins, and they both tumbled to the ground. Jisoo found their current circumstance hilarious. Eventually, the kids came up to her and they did what she was doing previously to them which was tickling them.

  "Babe, help me!" She shouted even though her girlfriend was just inches away from her.

  "Let's tickle her even more, you guys!" With a giggle, Chaeyoung responded to the youngsters. Jisoo frowned at her, but as Chaeyoung poked her sensitive spot, the scowl vanished.

It was eventually lunchtime.

Lisa had positioned the camera so that just four of them were visible. Her other family members were uneasy with the cameras in their faces, but they supported her decision. When discussing a personal subject, the group members would switch the camera on and off as needed. It wasn't anything significant, simply something they didn't want to show their supporters.

  "Dad, tell them what the tradition we have done on every special occasion since I was little," Lisa addressed her father. John simply nodded. Lisa aimed the camera towards him.

  "This is what we call fun with fondue," John said, displaying a saucepan of melted cheese and pieces of bread on the table in front of the camera. "There is a tradition in Switzerland where if you drop the bread, you must buy us drinks, but since we've got kids around, we'll just give the person sitting next to us—either side, doesn't matter—a kiss on the cheeks."

Most of the reactions were nothing serious at all. They were very aware of the tradition.

Everyone tried it and, for the most part, didn't drop their bread, although some did. The only group members who dropped their bread were the maknaes. Lisa gave her girlfriend a kiss on the cheek, and Chaeyoung did the same to her girlfriend.

  "Why didn't you drop your bread on purpose?" A voice coming from one of the aunts asked their husband, nudging his shoulder. "Did you not want to kiss me?" She questioned him jokingly. Their children moaned at their parents' antics, and they were greeted with a roar of laughter.

They were finally all inside Lisa's bedroom, resting on the bed.

The Thai lady was lying down on Jennie's stomach while the Korean was on her phone while, on the other hand, stroking her girlfriend's hair. The second pair were also resting. Chaeyoung is the big spoon, keeping an eye on Jisoo's phone. She was engaged in pub-g. The game she claimed to be an expert at, she was, indeed, making random comments, assisting Jisoo in fighting off any remaining opponents.

  "There's a man behind that house!" Chaeyoung made the observation. "Babe!" She yelled as she witnessed her girlfriend's character in the game being shot.

  "This is the end of the vlog." Lisa's words drew Jennie's attention. "Bye!" She said this while waving her hand. She stood up and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "Say, bye, Nini,"

Jennie waved her hand goodbye. "Bye!" she said with a grin.

Fin.