little spoon

Third Point of View

When Jennie was first introduced to the application TikTok by her closest friend, Chahee, she didn't realize how interesting it was. She assumed it was simply another app similar to Instagram, which she rarely uses. This, however, was changed when she observed her girlfriend giggling on her phone for hours and sharing countless videos simultaneously on their group chat.

She began watching on her girlfriend's phone and quickly discovered how addicting it was. She ultimately downloaded it to her phone and was inspired by one of its videos.

"So, allegedly, Lisa wants to break up with me," she said sadly to her phone. She was resting on her stomach on the bed. Lisa could be seen on her phone on the side of the bed, glancing at her with a puzzled expression.

"She doesn't love me anymore," Jennie said. "She's breaking up with me."

Lisa began to move closer to her. "Who are you talking to?" Lisa asked quietly. When she looked down at her girlfriend's phone, she noticed Jennie was recording herself. To say the least, she was perplexed. She had no idea what was going on in Jennie's mind to make her think that way.

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" Lisa asked, lifting Jennie's face up to meet her eyes.

The Korean woman shook her head. "No," she replied, "How could I be alright knowing you don't love me anymore?"

"What's going on, Jen?" Lisa inquired, immediately alarmed. She never fails to express how much she adores her. She began to reflect about whether she had forgotten a date or anything that Jennie desired, when she remembered something. Her eyes widened as she realized what had prompted Jennie to say this. "Nini, I said I wanted to be the little spoon tonight since you're always the little spoon– I– I would never say that,"

"It's the same thing..." She sighed. She pouted at the latter, and it made Lisa laugh.

Lisa lay down on top of her and tickled her girlfriend's side. "Ya! You could've said you didn't want to be the bigger spoon!"

Jennie's shriek, caused by Lisa carrying her bride in style, was the last thing heard and the video ended.

Fin.