Detective Jim Baxter

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LITTLE THINGS !!!!!

I was setting up the table for dinner, my two beautiful girls were outside swimming in the pool. My husband Jim was out there as well. I look out the window and I glance at Jim. He was staring out at nothing, I start to get a little worried. As I was in my thoughts I hear a knock on the door which snaps me out of my thoughts, I walk to the front door and I open it.

" Hello Y/N " Says one of the officers that worked at police station.

" Officer Sal, how can I help you?? ", I stand at the doorway and I smile at him.

" I have an envelope here for Jimmy. Tell him that Deke sent this to him. " Says Sal

" Oh, thank you.. ", I take the envelope from his hands.

" And by the way.. Let Jimmy know that we miss him... And that we will be looking forward to him coming back to the station soon. ", Officer Sal then leaves.

I close the front door and I look at the large yellow envelope. There wasn't a name on it or anything, I shake it see if there was anything inside. I hear something in it, I shrug and ignore it. I walk out to the backyard, Jimmy still staring at nothing.

What is wrong with him...?

" Hun... Sal brought you this envelope, it's from Joe.. " I say to him softly as I place a hand his shoulder. He jumps a bit and he looks at me.

"..Thanks sweetheart " Says Jim, I then hand him the envelope and he takes it from my hand shaking a bit.

Something is off about Jim.. He's very... panicky, like something happened... I had the sudden urge to ask him what was wrong, but I didn't want to invade my husbands privacy. As I walking inside, I decide to look back at him. He opens up the envelope and takes out a note that was in it.

I try to catch a glance at the note to see what it read, I was so tempted to know what was going on... Why did Joe send Jim this envelope?.. Jim folds the note back, and as he was gonna try to put the note back inside, somethings falls out of the envelope onto his lap. Shaking, he takes the small object from his lap and he looks at it. Jim looks up and he lets out a sigh of relief.

" Wh-What is it hun..? " I ask as I walk up to him once more.

" Hm.. It's.. It's nothing, don't worry about it. " Jim says as puts the object and the note back into the envelope. He then looks up at me and he smiles a bit.

" Jim, please don't hide anything from me. I really want to know what's wrong. " I say as I get on my knees beside him and I place a hand on his.

He holds my hand tightly,

" Y/N, really.. It's nothing to worry about. ", He brings my hand up and places a soft kiss on it.

" Jim why don't you want to tell me... Do you not trust me?.. " I say as my face expression becomes sad.

" Of course I trust you darling, don't you dare say that. But really, this really isn't something you should worry yourself about. " Jim says.

" But you were shaking when I gave you the envelope, and not to mention that you were staring at straight nothing a while ago.. Baby I'm serious, what's wrong ?! " I say to him as I look at him dead in the eyes .

He lets out a long sigh.

" It's all a long story Y/N... I am bit upset with all that happened to me while I was working on this case my dear. But please, do not worry yourself too much with it. Besides, what Joe sent me... made me a bit more relieved with myself. Other than that, as long as your here by my side, I'll always be okay. " Jimmy says reassuringly, he thens holds my left cheek and caress it with his thumb .

I couldn't help but smile from his words.

" Jimmy... I love you.. " I say as I smile at him and I hold his hand that was on my cheek.

" I love you more sweetheart. ", He smiles back and we share a long and tender kiss.

I may not know what exactly happened during the whole investigation, believe me, I'm still eager to know what happened. But as long as Jim says that he'll be okay, then I really shouldn't have to worry.

788 words