109. LJ

LARAJEANS POV

It was weird how easily we got along with the Evans's and Flynn's.  I think the reason we got along so well was how willing they were to let us in.  They even insisted on us joining them in buying the decorations for their Christmas party.  The main rule they had was no pink.  Elle almost gagged at the idea of having anything pink at their party.  She did say she thought they should use the traditional colors of red, green, silver, and gold.  How quickly Flynn and Lee agreed with her was funny.  It is obvious those two love making her happy.  The good thing was that Carl and Elle's cousins were all behind her on the color scheme as well.  The only one that wanted to add color was Kat and she wanted to add a little bit of black for contrast.  Elle instantly agreed and the guys were soon behind her when Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Flynn agreed.  

The strange thing was that after we finished at the party store Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Flynn had the men drop us off and then sent my dad, their husbands away to get some stuff for their own party at some house that Mrs. Evans owns on her own.  It wasn't long before everyone explained to me, Margot, and Kitty about what happened to Mrs. Evans and everything that poor Elle has been through in just a few months, and I could not believe that she is still standing.  I would probably be in some corner crying especially without my Peter here.  Boy, do I miss Peter.  We all soon find ourselves at a store that sells plate settings.  Turns out that Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Flynn want to buy place settings for the Evans's new house.  As for the party, they were also buying platters and bowls with the Christmas theme.  Elle and Kat tried to talk them out of it saying high school parties didn't need fancy platters and bowls.  That plastic bowls and platters would be just fine from a dollar store.  I learned rather quickly that Mrs. Evans is bound and determined to make up for her being kidnapped.  Plus it looks like both women are counting down all the major events in Elle's life she has left before she gets married.

It wasn't long before I noticed Elle was getting annoyed and she would glare at her mom and Mrs. Flynn.  It didn't take long for Patrice, Lois, and Kat to laugh.  Kat looked around "Aunty Mary and June I think we need to go eat.  Elle is getting hangry since your making her shop."  They looked at her and laughed.  "Good thing we are close to the Lee's."   After paying for the purchases which ended up being twenty bowls and platters we piled into the van.   Turns out that they drove the van home and picked up another car so everyone would be comfortable.  I also found out that ten bowls and platters were for the high school party while ten of each were for the adult party.  As for Brad and Kitty, they were going to the adult party since that one was going to be kid-friendly.  

We walked into the Lee's restaurant and I heard that guy yell out "hey Eolin-i, is Keon-geos and your Ssang with you?"  She shook her head "nope sorry my Baldumng-i."  "Where are they?"  My mom chuckles "they are buying all the food for our Christmas parties."  "Ah, ok.  The Hotoki will be ready if you want us to use your own plates so they are already ready for the parties you will need to bring them by."  I watch Mrs. Evans smirk and hold up her hand.  I didn't realize that she had grabbed two platters and brought them in "they are right here."  "Ok good then you don't have to worry about platting and having a bunch of garbage."  "Yep, the one with the poinsettias is the one that goes to my old house and the one with the Christmas trees goes to the Flynn's."  "Ok, you got it, Mrs. Evans."  Elle looked at her "really mom you ordered Hotoki."  "Yep, I know how much you kids love Jiawei's Hotoki."   

"So, is Mr. Evans, Mr. Flynn, Keon-geos, and Elle's Ssang joining you guys?"  "Nope, they said they didn't want Asian today."  "OK. good."  It wasn't long before we were all eating and soon found ourselves at a dress boutique where Mrs. Evans insisted on all of us trying on dresses.  I thought it was strange when Mrs. Evans pulled out this dress for Elle to try on that was blood red strapless and looked like it would be skin tight and barely cover her butt.  She glared at her mom and went into the dressing room pulled it on yelling "ah, hell no."   Mrs. Evans just shook her head "you come out here now young lady with that dress on."  Elle came out and glared at them and I was right it was skin tight and barely covered her but.  They had her stand on the little stand they had for alterations and started taking pictures.  Then gave her this blue A-line dress that flowed from the waist and looked to hit her at her knees.  Sure enough, when she came out Elle looked radiant and not ready to kill.  Soon after all of us girls tried on the same dress but in different colors.  Mrs. Flynn decided that she wanted us all to match and we agreed.  Patrice picked out a green, while Lois picked out purple, Kat grabbed black, I went with red, Margot went with silver, and Kitty decided on lavender.