27. DRESS SHOPPING *

Luckily for me, it was the weekend and that meant dress shopping.  I could not wait until we found our dresses because that meant we were going to get Korean food.  Walking into the first dress shop I thought we were going to have an easy go since I saw a dress I liked for the bridesmaids.  Everything was going well until Lucy one of Noah's many make-out girls walks in with this woman and glares at me.  "What are you doing here Elle?"  "Looking for the dresses for my wedding."  She started laughing "you really think Flynn will marry a nobody like you when he could have me.  Just so you know he is in town and we have a date tonight.   Oh, and he is staying with me seeing we are getting married.  Right, mom."  "Yes, honey.  I already told you I will make sure this little whore will not marry the man you love.  Just because she fucked him doesn't mean he wants to marry her.  Especially since his mom loves you."  June clears her throat "oh, really."  "Yeah, your little whore of a daughter will never be good enough for Flynn."  June started laughing "She is not my daughter that honor is held by Mary that lady over there.  Now, do you even know his first name?"  "Yes, you stupid bitch it's Flynn."

June really laughed harder "sorry to say you are wrong."  "Why is that?"  "First off I know my son is still in Boston.  Second Flynn is his last name not his first.  Third I do not love your daughter simply because I do not know your daughter."  "What do you mean?"  June smirked "I am June Flynn.  This here is my future daughter-in-law Rochelle Elizabeth Evans."  She looks the girl up and down "and just looking at your daughter I am so glad my son is not marrying her."  As if he knew I needed him Noah called me and I instantly picked up "hey baby you are on speaker and I am with your mom, my mom, and the girls.  We are looking for wedding dresses."  "Hey Shelly baby, hi mom, Mary, and girls."  "Hey, Flynn."  "Hi, son." "Hey, Noah sweetie." Lucy smirks "hi Flynn babe."  "Shelly baby who is that?"  I giggle "Lucy."  "Who?"  I giggled "she was the girl that dressed all goth."  "Oh, the girl that grabbed me and started kissing me before we started dating."  "Yep, that's the one."  "Listen Lucy I told you then and I am telling you again now.  I am in love with Elle.  Granted then I said I was in love with someone else and I wanted to wait for her.  Just so you know I have been in love with Elle since I was ten.  Plus hello I am marrying her."  The mother glared at us "well I never."  June chuckled "Yeah, I bet you never have."  The lady smirked at me "well get the hell out of my shop."  I smirked "no problem.  Even though I found a dress I liked for the bridesmaids.  I didn't love it so I can look elsewhere."  

We all walked out and hit the next shop but everything was way too trendy and I was looking for a more vintage feel.  We moved on to a vintage shop and that is where we found our dresses.  It was knee-length with a form-fitting bodice with a heart-shaped neckline with spaghetti straps.  It had a petticoat that peaked out a little.  I had decided to use lavender and royal blue as my colors.  I chose lavender for my maid of honor and the rest of the girls will be in royal blue.  Each girl was going to have a bolero jacket in the opposite color of their dress.  The petticoat would be white so it adds a little contrast.  I did at first think to make it the opposite color but the seamstress talked me out of doing that.  June insisted that I ordered one of each since she knew that Noah would love the dress and it wasn't long before we all were measured and the dresses were ordered.  Soon I found myself standing in front of a mirror with my first wedding dress.

It was form-fitting and hugged me all the way to the floor.  The sales lady called it a mermaid-style dress since it flared out around my feet.  The front was v-neck and the back was bare all the way down to just above my butt.  I looked around "how in the hell am I supposed to walk in this damn thing.  Lee started laughing "better yet, my bro would so hate the back of this dress."  "Too true Lee."  Yeah, I know I didn't call him Twin but we decided not to use Twin while looking for wedding stuff so people don't get the wrong idea.  I looked at the girl "nope.  Look you saw the types of dresses I picked for the bridesmaids."  "Yep."  "Well, I want something conservative and vintage, like what my girls have.  I want it to skim my bodice and start to flare out to the floor from my waist or hips.  The neckline can be a little scooped neck but the back has to be covered.  As for the sleeves, I would like sleeves that skim my upper arms but flare out wider to my wrists.  The girl nods and she takes off and brings me a bunch of dresses.