CHAPTER- 9

Y/N'S POV 

" Hoseok!",what the hell was he doing here. I knew Hoseok since we were kids. His mother and mine were best friends. I lost contact with him when I left to the US. Even though I am a cold person ,I couldn't help smiling  after seeing him smile. I smiled slightly looking at him. He does this to everyone he meets. He has a very cheerful personality.

"What are you doing here Hoseok?".

"Y/n, how many times have I told you to call me Hobi. You know I like that."

" Alright, I just said it  because I was surprised. Now Hobi tell me, what are you doing here?"

"What else, I am here to pick my date up. By the way it is you." He winked.

I was flustered yet I answered, " I see you still haven't changed. But I don't want to go on a date with you." I said with a straight expression.

"Come on Y/n ,it is better than going with some one else. We will just eat together an make it seem like a date. What do you say?"
" You sound convincing . Okay I will go."

It was better than going out with someone else I don't know and telling I don't like them. Since I knew Hobi for a long time now. We both know what we were for each other. I don't know why but I wanted to look at Namjoon once. I tried not to but I finally looked at him. When I saw his eyes , there was a bit of sadness and jealousy. I was distracted by Hobi grabbing my wrist and rushing me to go with him.
NAMJOON's POV
Although I heard all the conversation that they aren't going on a date for real I couldn't help feeling sad. An other emotion overruled my sadness.
Jealousy. That emotion I haven't felt for a long time now. I couldn't think straight. What if he likes her. Even she seemed to be happy with him. I can't bear seeing her with someone else. But I want to see her being herself again. I have to talk to her. At least I have to ask what she felt these years. I won't let her bottle up her feelings. It is okay even if Y/n isn't with me anymore. I can't let her live not being able to express her feelings.
NEXT DAY
I was in my office, Y/n hasn't come yet. I wondered what was she doing. She was never late. I got worried and was about to call her, then she came in.
" I am sorry Mr. Kim, I slept over."
" It is okay Y/n. Please leave me a text next time so I won't be worried".
She bowed to me.
"And can you please call me Namjoon . I will be more comfortable with that." I smiled.
She stood thinking for awhile and then nodded. Thank god she did that. It broke my heart every time she called me Mr. Kim. I thought a lot how to start a conversation with her while finding a correct time to talk to her.

Almost everyone at the office left. Me and Y/n stayed back as there was a group meeting tomorrow and we had to prepare for that. I took my eyes of the laptop and looked over for Y/n. She wasn't there at her desk. I think she went to make herself coffee. She must be tired.
"Wait", I said to myself. I can talk to her now. I don't know what will I talk to her about. I just know I wanted to talk. I made my way to the cafeteria.
I didn't see her there. I thought she must be sitting on the couch outside. I made some coffee for myself and went out. I saw Y/n looking peaceful while sipping.
"Can I sit there?"
She looked at me startled and then nodded.
Sipping into my coffee I ask , " How was the date yesterday?" , trying my best not to sound jealous. 

She looked at me surprised, while I looked away avoiding eye contact.

" You were there when we talked, Namjoon. It was just a dinner together." She explained calmly.

" I wasn't asking for an explanation Y/n. I just wanted to know, and I wanted to start a conversation." I was so embarrassed.

"You should have just talked to me. I know you have something on your mind .What is it?"

I was almost surprised at her understanding of me. I took a deep breath.

" Y/n?"

"Hmm"

" You know I want you to talk to me about how you are feeling."

"What do you mean?"

" I want you to open up to me."

" i am still not sure what you are trying to say Namjoon", she said slightly irritated.

"I mean we didn't talk much the day you left. I want to know how you felt all these years. I want you to talk to me."

I saw her irritation turning into anger.

"What are you trying to do now, Namjoon? What the hell do you want to know? Do you want to tell me how it broke me? Do you want me to tell you how I hated myself? Do you want me to tell how it killed me everyday?  I don't want to relive that moments Namjoon. I don't want to open up to you. I don't want to talk to you right know. I hate this. I hate this situation where we have to talk like this.", she said burning up with anger.

 I knew then, I choose a wrong method. I wasn't supposed to confront her like this. I saw  her leaving with anger without looking back. But she at least said something. She showed her anger to me again. I was happy about that yet worried about how it affected her. I went out cursing myself in my head. There was no one in the office. I thought Y/n left. Thinking at least I could see her in the parking lot  and tell her I was sorry I walked forward. I saw a car it seemed familiar. It was that guy's, who took Y/n on a date. He must have come to pick her up.

" Hello, there. You are Namjoon, right?"

" Yes"

" Y/n's ex boyfriend , if I am not wrong."

" Yes"

"I heard about you. A lot actually." I was kind of annoyed considering the situation I was in.

" Did she ask you pick her up today?"

" No, not actually. I came to surprise her. Honestly, I wanted to see her. I mean she is my best friend."

" Do you-?", I paused looking at him.

" Yes, I like her." 

"Huh?"

" You heard it right. I like Y/n ". He smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------

HEY FELLOW ARMY!!

Sorry, I am late. Thank you for waiting. I wrote this in parts so I am not sure. But I think it is  okay. I'll do better in the next one. I'll try to write regularly. Let me know what you like in this part.

Thank you and keep reading. Leave a comment while you go. 

Hope you like it.

Lots of love..

                            --- Bangtangirl:)