A Budding Romance (Colin Bridgerton x reader)

Gardening has never been a chore for you as you found nothing more relaxing than watching flowers grow and blossom into something beautiful. Some sun and some rain and they turn a dull garden into something a little more colourful.

This hobby of yours made it very easy for you to slip away from the enormous gathering of people that was inside and head towards the gardens.

As you found yourself admiring the wide array of flowers that occupied the green space, you had become oblivious to the man approaching you.

"Miss?" The gentlemen enquires.
You jump and your finger pricks on the rose you had been admiring just moments before.

"Ouch," you murmer as you quickly wipe away the blood that had found its way to the surface.

"Oh I'm sorry, I did not mean to startle you. Here..." he grasps your hand in his and carefully wraps a handkerchief around your injured finger.

"May I ask the name of the lovely lady I have just hurt?"

You laugh softly, "Y/N Y/L/N."

"That is a beautiful name, for a very beautiful lady."
You lower your head at his compliment in hopes of hiding your reddened face, however his grin tells you your action hid nothing.

"What is a young lady like yourself doing out here alone?" the mystery man enquired.

"Truthfully? I find the constant parading rather tiresome, I thought I would come and admire some of the scenery for just a moment. And yourself?"

"I am hiding from my mother..."
You both laugh wholeheartedly at his honesty.

"I must be making my way back inside before she finds me, however it would make my night if the lovely Miss Y/L/N would accompany me for at least one dance at some point during this evening..."

"I would love to sir, though it seems I have misplaced my dance card..."
You proceed to look towards the grass surrounding your feet in the hopes of finding it, when a flower makes its appearance. You look towards the man and take in his dark blue gaze and you cautiously take it from his hand, as to not injure yourself a second time.

"I am sure this will reserve my place well enough." He smiles, placing a gentle kiss on your hand before making his way back towards the entrance. You keep your sights set on the man until you lose him within the crowds of people and you cannot help but blush deeply once again.

Your finger no longer aches as you think about the gentleman from moments ago and as you unwrap your finger you notice the embroidered edge of the handkerchief.

C.B.

Colin Bridgerton