ABOUT TIME (Aaron Hotchner x reader)

It was the first Friday night you and the team had had off for a while and it was safe to say you were going to make the most of it.

"Oh my god! Y/N! Look at you. He won't be able to keep his eyes off you." You rolled your eyes at Penelope. You should have known the comments about your work crush would make an appearance, you just thought you would've been able to have a drink before they did.

"I think she'd rather have his hands all over her instead."

"Emily!" the girls laughed. JJ wrapped her arm around your waist and looked at you.

"Don't pretend you haven't thought about it Y/N." You just looked at her as she squeezed your side in a teasing manner.

"Let's just get going before the guys get drunk before us." You all grabbed your bags and headed down to get a cab to the bar.

...

The lights flashed around the room. The music blasted from the speakers but not too loud to where you'd have to shout. The four of you walked in, Emily and Garcia heading straight to the bar. You and JJ looked around the floor, the sight of a tall, floppy haired man catching your eye.

"Hey JJ, there's Spence." You both head over in the direction of the boy genius.

"Hey guys!" He wrapped both you and JJ in a quick hug.

"Wow! Look at you both." Morgan placed a kiss on your temple. Rossi tilted his glass towards you both and Hotch smiled at JJ. His smile dropped for a moment while looking at you. Garcia and Emily joined the group and handed you your drink. You let the liquid in the glass have your full attention as you fiddled with the small straw. The girls immediately took notice of your behaviour.

"What's up?" Garcia whispered.

"Did you see his face when he seen me? What's his problem?" You asked.

"I'm sure you're over thinking it. Trust me, he likes you too."

"Will you keep your voice down. I don't need the whole bar knowing I have feelings for my boss." You huff out. Penelope grabs your face gently.

"Chin up buttercup. He'll come around in no time. If not, I'll leave Derek and you and I can be the hot, new work wives. Okay?" You let out a laugh at her antics.

"Okay then."

...

Song after song played. Each one spurring you and the girls on more as you danced. The guys were looking at you guys laughing. Rossi nudging Aaron a little, only to get a shake of this head in return.

Hotch's POV

"Come on Aaron, you know you want to talk to her so why don't you?" Rossi nudges you.

"It's not that simple Dave. I'm her boss, I can't act on anything."

"You can still talk to the poor girl. She's gonna end up thinking you hate her if you act like this for much longer."

"Act like what?" He turns to you surprised.

"Seriously? You never talk to her unless you must. You shoot all her ideas down, even when she's right. And my god, I know we make jokes about you never smiling but you put a whole lot of effort into making sure you never do around her." As you listen to what your friend is saying you can't help but watch her on the dance floor, and you definitely can't help but watch as a man starts to dance with her. You watch as their hips sway from side to side, her arm draped over this stranger's shoulders. Him whispering into her ear only for her to giggle at his words. Morgan and Reid walk over to you, laughing slightly at the frown perched on your face. Morgan places a hand on your shoulder.

"You know boss if you hate seeing her dancing with other men maybe you should do something about it." Your eyes stay fixated on her as you set your empty glass down.

"Maybe I should."

Y/N's POV

You're dancing with a man, whose name you learned to be Matt, when JJ walks past.

"Head's up. Hotch is coming over and he doesn't look too pleased about your current dance partner."

You look towards where Reid and the other are standing and notice Hotch quickly making his way over to you. Your heart starts to race the closer he got until he stood directly beside you. He clears his throat and you both look at him. You raise your eyebrow at him.

"Do you mind if I steal her for a moment?"

"Um yeah we're kind of in the middle of something here."

"I wasn't really asking. So move." He pulls out his credentials and shows them to the man. He raises his hands and backs away shaking his head. Hotch puts his ID back into his jacket pocket and moves to stand in front of you. He grabs your hands and puts them around his neck, his own making their way to your waist. Your eyes widen.

"Was that really necessary?"

"Yes."

"Well, is there a reason you were so rude?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to tell me or am I only going to get yes or no answers from you all night?"

"I'm sorry." You take a slight step back.

"Sorry? Why would you be sorry?"

"You know why Y/N. I haven't exactly been the nicest boss. Or friend."

"Oh so we're friends now? I couldn't tell from how you've acted since I've arrived on the team." He lets out a breath, running a hand over his face.

"I know Y/N. Trust me. But it's not as if I've meant it. I mean how do you expect me to act? A woman like you joins the team and for the first time since Haley, I lost my breath."

"A woman like me?" You interrupted. He laughed. His hand coming up to move a piece of hair from your face, his fingers gently tracing your cheek as he does.

"Yes. A woman like you. Strong, brave, hard-working...absolutely beautiful."

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"Don't say anything." His eyes move from yours, to your lips and back, not without you noticing. You smirk slightly. Taking a small step closer. You look at each other for a few moments before he takes your face in both his hands and brings your lips to meet his. Your eyes fall shut and you relax into his touch. You hear cheers from across the floor and laugh. You feel Hotch smile against your lips.

"It's about time huh?

"Yeah, about time."