COFFEE CUP (Spencer Reid x reader)

The battering of rain off the windows sounded throughout the café soothing your nerves. Tones of brown and green were spread across the room, adding to the calm ambiance. It's part of the reason you loved your job, it gave you some peace in your hectic student life. The hours weren't so bad either, your manager was flexible knowing how much you wanted to focus on your studies. It also meant you got to see him in the early morning.

"Here you go. One cappuccino and mocha to go." You spoke to a customer.

You headed back to the till to take the next order.

"Just the usual Y/N, please." Smiled the customer. Your cheeks burned slightly, and your smile became genuine.

"Dr. Reid! Of course, it'll just be a couple of minutes." You got started on his coffee, sneaking glances at him every now and then.

"How has work been?"

"As good as it can I guess..." He smoothed his jacket down, and tucked his scarf in. The cold from outside sneaking in as customers left for work.

His longish hair was wild, not much more than usual though and his glasses were perched upon the bridge of his nose. His hands fumbled with the strap of his brown messenger bag. You smiled; he was nervous.

Whilst he directed his attention around the café, you directed yours to his to- go cup in your hand. Your pen quickly scribbled along the outside. You grabbed the espresso shots and poured them into the cup, filling the majority that was left with the milk of his choice. You pooped the lid on and made your way back to him.

"There we are. One coffee with plenty of room for the ton of sugar you'll most likely out in it." You laughed.

You looked up at him and noticed him already looking at you. Once again, your cheeks flushed, and you cleared your throat a little. He chuckled slightly, evidently amused at your change in demeanour.

"Thanks Y/N. I'll see you around." He nodded gently and turned to leave.

You watched him as he walked away. His long strides taking him out of the door faster than you would have liked. He crossed the street and just like that he was gone. You would have to wait until tomorrow, or maybe someday next week depending on whether or not his case was local, to see him again. And to see what his answer is.

I like you a latte :)so maybe next time I could get your number? ~ y/n