Warnings

Dinner was loud and happy, filled with reminiscing and tears and a lot of overwhelming emotions. Late into the night, Maya and Marie were still downstairs on the porch, talking about anything to make up for lost time between the sisters.

Y/N was laying on her bed, enjoying the summer air flowing in from her window. Throughout dinner, she couldn't stop thinking about Ponyboy. He seemed sweet. Maybe she'd have her first friend. Someone to go to school with.

"Ahem," someone cleared their voice from her doorway.

Startled, she looked up, and saw Two-Bit in her doorway. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, mind if I sit?" She shrugged, and Two sat on the edge of her bed, "So how was your walk?"

"Fine."

"Just fine?"

"What do you want me to say to you right now?"

"Who'd you see at the store?"

Y/N felt her cheeks burning up. Thinking quickly, she decided to play dumb. "I saw the woman at the convenience store, she seemed nice, I also saw a dog run across the street-"

"You're an awful liar. The Curtis' go
grocery shopping on Saturday's. Who'd you see?"

"I didn't see a Curtis. I saw a kid named Ponyboy. He seemed nice. I sad hi. He said hi. Asked where I would be going to school. Asked how old I was. Very hot stuff."

"Shut up kid. Ponyboy Curtis. We're going over to theirs tomorrow. The gang hangs out at their house. Remember what I saw about not getting any ideas?"

"I'm very sorry mother Theresa, I'll make sure to never talk to any male ever. Never again. You have nothing to worry about."

"Y/N you're not funny," Two-Bit said, although he was suppressing a smile, "Just be careful ok? Ponyboy's a good guy, but not everyone here is. Just look out for yourself. Ok?"

"I'm fine Two, thanks for the concern, now get the hell out," Y/N muttered, throwing a pillow that just barely missed his head.

"Alright, alright, I'm out," he backed out raising his hands in mock defeat, "I'll wake you up at 8:30 tomorrow to let you get yourself together. Night kid."

"Whatever," Y/N grumbled, already burrowed under her covers.

It was hard to fall asleep that night. It's always hard to sleep in a new place. She was nervous. She was nervous about school on Monday, she was nervous about meeting new people tomorrow, and most of all, she was nervous about what Two-Bit had warned her about. Ponyboy's a good guy, but not everyone here is. What did he mean? There were shitty guys everywhere, but Two actually sounded nervous. We'll see, she thought, dozing off to sleep, it's small town Oklahoma. How bad can they be?