Chapter 2

"Watch out Paris, a new superhero's coming to town

————————————————————

Two days later...

Caline Bustier looked around, worriedly scanning all the students while doing a head count in her head. 'One missing' she thought to herself. Marinette Dupain-Cheng wasn't here. Miss Bustier knew that Marinette would wonder off at times but she would always tell her and if she didn't, there was always someone nearby. But this time, there wasn't. "Lila told me she got on the bus" the teacher mumbled to herself. 'She wouldn't lie about that, would she?'. Miss Bustier then spotted Alya, she looked as if she was recording herself for her blog possibly, 'Surely she would know where Marinette is'. "Alya?"

The girl stopped recording and turned to her teacher. "Yes Miss Bustier?"

"Did you see Marinette on the bus? Lila said she did but I'm beginning to doubt her now" her voice trailed off at the end but she kept her eye contact with her student.

"No, Marinette never got on the bus" Alya said with slight worry in her voice. "But I am in contact with her, she's been sending video messages".

"Is she lost?"

"Slightly but she says she'll be here soon"

Miss Bustier let out a sigh of relief. "Tell her that she can take her time and not to worry, she has until 12 to get here. We'll be in this location until 4 pm. It's only-" she checked her watch "9 am right now so she has plenty of time" Alya nodded "But if she goes 30 minutes without sending a message, I want you to tell me right away"

"I will Miss Bustier"

"Good" Caline breathed, she headed over to where Mylene and Ivan were to ask if they'd seen Lila. If they hadn't, she would move on to talk to Rose and Juleka. She needed to talk with Lila. "It could be a misunderstanding" the teacher mumbled to herself. 'But it's happened before' she thought. The teacher kept herself on high alert to see if she could spot Marinette from afar, if she had found her way of course. This high alertness made her able to ease drop the conversation Alya was having with Nino and Adrien.

"That Lila snake back at it with her lies" she heard the girl say. "This time Marinette has been left behind because of it"

"Poor Marinette" Adiren murmured concern for his friend.

"At least Miss Bustier knows" Nino said to both his best friend and his girlfriend. "And Marinette can take care of herself".

Hearing they're words made Caline feel guilty, as if there was a way to stop this from ever happening. "But Marinette is one of my top students, she's our everyday ladybug so I'm sure she'll be able to find her way" Miss Bustier said, half believing what she told herself.

~~~

A bluenette was racing down the streets of Paris, luckily most of the paths were empty as she probably would've run into someone by now. "Oh Tikki" she said sadly to her loyal kwami in her bag. "I can't believe my class left without me". She kept running but a few tears ran down her cheek, but since she was sprinting, her face stayed dry.

"It's okay Marinette!" The kwami said while being jostled around in her owner's bag. "We'll get there I know we will!"

"Thanks Tikki" the girl said. "I can't believe how I actually believed what that that lying snake said".

Marinette was also holding a folder with her, with some of her original designs inside. She was supposed to meet her uncle, Jagged Stone, after the school trip. Marinette made sure that none of the papers flew out of the folder, but this concentration made her disregard what was ahead of her. Someone had turned the corner. Crash. Marinette ran into this person and had, some how, managed to trip them up. They must have been taller and had a better build than her as their weight was greater than hers.

It was Damian's first day in Paris, it was still morning. He thought it would be a relatively quiet day but that changed when something ran into him and tripped him up. He was aware it was a person, he just didn't know whom, after all, he knew no one in Paris. He assumed he might have to be the one to go to someone or make a friend to actually get to interrogate them. He just didn't expect the opportunity to come so soon.

He opened his eyes and there he saw the person that was under him, it was a girl. A girl with kind face, beautiful blue hair and gorgeous blue eyes to match. Though there was a tear stain. 'She must have been crying recently' he thought. He didn't realise that the girl was also examining his face.

'Wow, he's so...I...his eyes...' A bunch of words were scrambled in her thoughts as she stared into the pools of gorgeous emerald green eyes but then she realised what had happened.

"I'm so sorry!" The girl blurted out in French. 'Her voice is so...no Damian snap out of it!'

"It's fine-"

"No it isn't! I'm the one who ran into you and tripped you up. I am so sorry, I'm such a klutz". Damian then realised how this situation might have looked to others who didn't have any context, his face turned a shade of red. The girl must have also realised cuz her cheeks became rosy red as well. 'Cute, wait what?' Damian then got up and leant his hand out of the girl.

"No honestly it's fine" he said as the girl got up. He noticed a folder and knelt down to get it for her, the way she blushed as he gave it to her made him subconsciously smile. 'What's going on with me?'.

"Thank you" the girl mustered up after a few seconds. "Also I hope you don't mind me asking but I noticed you have a bit of an accent, are you visiting Paris?"

"I don't mind at all and yes, I have come from Gotham" he told her, still with a blank expression on his face.

"Well we can talk in English then if it's more comfortable with you, I do need to practice it" the girl said switching to English. "How has your stay been so far?"

"Well today is actually my first day here, I arrived last night" Damian said, also switching to English.

"Oh that's cool! I hope your day, and your stay, goes well!" She said with a smile on her face. "And let's hope you don't get mixed in with some akumatized villains" she whispered, though Damian managed to here it. 'Akuma what?' He wanted to ask her about it but her eyes were drifting off elsewhere.

Marinette spotted a cafe she sometimes goes to. "Are you busy? If not then let me treat you to something after all you are the guest here!" There was a delightful smile on her face and she made sure she was pleading in her eyes.

"Well I don't have anything I'm supposed to do but-"

"Great!" She grabbed his hand and began walking to the cafe she spotted.

'This girl, I like her'

|unedited|