Chapter 28

"Take a look at this."

————————————————————

Alya was startled when Chloe slammed the classroom door down. The blogger was simply texting on her phone when the next moment, a flyer was shoved into her face. To say it surprised her would be an understatement, it completely caught her off guard. Which leads them to where they were now, Alya sat timidly at her desk, scanning the poster up and down, and Chloe standing in front of the girl's desk, looking down at her.

"I still don't get it," Alya replied, looking up at the blonde. Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Look again." She persuaded. After a few moments of silence from Alya, Chloe decided to just tell her friend. "It's a contest hosted by Wayne Enterprises, the company Damian's father owns." Chloe pointed at a string of words on the flyer, pausing her words to let Alya sink in information. Definitely not for the dramatic sense, no way. "We have to write about our city, our people and classmates and our achievements. The best paper will win an all-expense paid trip to Gotham."

Alya seemed to understand. "So we can enter. And if we win-"

"We go to Gotham." Chloe finished, her arms crossed. Alya seemed thoughtful.

"Do you really think we should enter?" The girl asked, still sceptical.

"Of course!" Chloe exclaimed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "If we win, Dupain-Cheng can see her beloved boyfriend, Adrien can be free from his father for a while, and Lila won't be here to cause any akuma attacks." The girl sat on Alya's desk. "It'll be beneficial for everyone."

Alya noticed Pollen peeping out from her owner's purse, her head nodding in encouragement. She then looked down at her own kwami, Trixx, however, had a mischievous grin and a weird glint in her eyes. Alya was silent, weighing all the pros and cons, before a smile appeared on her lips. "That's a great idea, this will also help improve my writing skills."

Chloe nodded. 'And hopefully the class will trust me again...' The blonde thought to herself. Alya clapped her hands together.

"Alright, the poster says we have a minimum word count of 1,750 words, that's an easy amount to work with. We also have a certain criteria that we need to follow." Alya listed as she read off the poster.

"We also have to be careful not to let any of Lila's 'achievements' make it through." Shooed pointed out.

"Right." The blogger nodded. "We'll first plan how we want to essay to be structured, then we'll talk about what we're actually writing about."

Chloe nodded along and opened her mouth to speak, except the bell interrupted her. She shut her mouth and turned back to Alya. "We'll do this at my place."

Alya nodded and folded the poster to fit in her bag. Chloe then moved to her desk as their classmates began filing into the room. Marinette then sat next to her best friend, looking very exhausted.

"Girl, you good?" Alya questioned, worry shining through.

Marinette looked over at her best friend and sent a wary smile. "Fine, just tired." Alya wasn't convinced and was about to question her but Mlle. Bustier had begun the class. The girl sent her best friend a look saying 'we'll talk later'. Marinette weakly nodded.

Mlle. Bustier's class went by in a flash. The class after came and went and before they knew it, their first break of the day arrived. Alya and Marinette were first to reach the table. While waiting for the others, Alya began talking.

"So? How are you?" She began, sending her best friend a concerned glance.

"Just a nightmare." Marinette sighed, placing her head on the table, closing her eyes for a brief moment. "Couldn't get back to sleep after." Alya rubbed her best friend on the back.